Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new clutch next week. Exedy mach 400 stage 2. Should I spend the extra $320 and get the lightweight flywheel? If not do I REALLY need to get the old one resurfaced? Enlighten me lol :screwy:

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
for 320 I would just resurface the flywheel and buy your self som rear end gears :) best bang for buck IMHO. And you should definitely resurface the flywheel especially if your going to be installing a new clutch. You want a fresh mating surface for a fresh clutch. It works just like brakes do, usually when you get new pads an your rotors still look good you resurface them.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
for 320 I would just resurface the flywheel and buy your self som rear end gears :) best bang for buck IMHO. And you should definitely resurface the flywheel especially if your going to be installing a new clutch. You want a fresh mating surface for a fresh clutch. It works just like brakes do, usually when you get new pads an your rotors still look good you resurface them.
YEAHHHHHHHH if your doing a clutch DEFF. have that bitch surfaced.. you can find some better deals then 340 on fly wheels too btw, but Gears you will be way more pleased with

·
Registered
647 Posts
I got the exedy flywheel in my car. my best friend swears it revs quicker... other than that I feel no change.... I vote resurface and throw in gears. but its a good flywheel if your dead set on a new one

·
Registered
620 Posts
I resurfaced mine for 30 bucks. Maybe down the line I will go with aluminum when the funds are there

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.