Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:Hi, i just recently bought a V6 manual mustang, and i wanna make it look like a GT with dual exhaust. I was thinking on buying the magnaflow with dual split since i do want it to sound as a GT but not too loud to make up my neighboors. What do you guys think? do you think i should go with borla or corsa? thing is that they are way to expensive so i dont know. Other question is, where could i buy an aftermarket bumper that looks pretty good but not too flashy. any comments appreaciated thanks

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
welcome to modded mustang!
borla has a great sound, ive been looking for the same thing on my stang and ive heard alot of good things about borla, as for bumper, try ebay or craigslist, usually thats where youll get the best deal for any parts on your mustang.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Welcome. You will never get that "gt" sound, but you can make it sound good. I prefer pypes, I love the sound. You can either go with true dual exhaust which is alittle more expensive, but has the best sound. Or you can do with, basically, your stock set up with with a different muffler, which, personally, im not a huge fan of.

And as said above, ebay or craigslist, or talk to some local guys that own gts and see if they want to trade. Alof of gt guys like to run dumps/turn downs, which is where no pipe comes out of the back of the car, and they like the look of our bumpers on their cars.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ok....I'll be the first to say it. Go with Flowmaster! That is unless you have an s197. Most people agree(but there are those who don't) that flowmasters sound best on the 94-04 V6.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
welcome. Best bet on a good sounding exhaust is, go to a muffler shop have them cut off your exhaust before the Y-pipe, the build you true duals with and H-pipe and flowmaster super 40 mufflers. Will cost about 350-400 depending if you buy tips or not. It will sound great and perform well. As for the gt look get a gt bumper

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Oh wow I forgot to say welcome to MM. I agree with GF except I would go with original 40's instead of the super 40's. Or since you don't want it to be too too loud get the 40 deltas (that's what I have and they sound great)

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
ya, i agree. i bought an 07 bout a year ago and part of the deal was dual super40s. the dealer hooked me up with this muffler shop and they bolted on the first flow and told me that i'd either have to get the GT bumper or cut another spot out for the other flow. i wasn't about to spend anymore money (i just bought a damn car) so i had the dealers body shop cut the bumper. so theyended up cutting off my Y and built me a true dual setup. now the difference between the first super 40 and the stock muffler was amazing. but once they finished, it was like night and day.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
welcome. Best bet on a good sounding exhaust is, go to a muffler shop have them cut off your exhaust before the Y-pipe, the build you true duals with and H-pipe and flowmaster super 40 mufflers. Will cost about 350-400 depending if you buy tips or not. It will sound great and perform well. As for the gt look get a gt bumper
Cheaper if you buy the mufflers on ebay then take the mufflers to the shop then have them build you a custom exhaust.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Cheaper if you buy the mufflers on ebay then take the mufflers to the shop then have them build you a custom exhaust.
yeah but you gotta be careful buying stuff like a flowmaster on ebay they are so easy to replicate what they look like

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
if you want 2 after market mufflers im selling my steeda ones

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
ya, i agree. i bought an 07 bout a year ago and part of the deal was dual super40s. the dealer hooked me up with this muffler shop and they bolted on the first flow and told me that i'd either have to get the GT bumper or cut another spot out for the other flow. i wasn't about to spend anymore money (i just bought a damn car) so i had the dealers body shop cut the bumper. so theyended up cutting off my Y and built me a true dual setup. now the difference between the first super 40 and the stock muffler was amazing. but once they finished, it was like night and day.
gt bumpers look so much better on ours IMO
so i spent the extra

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
yea, getting a new gt bumper makes a huge difference. The gt bumpers have that lip or watever u wanna call it. I think if you cut it, its really noticeable and looks cheesey. JMO

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
yea, getting a new gt bumper makes a huge difference. The gt bumpers have that lip or watever u wanna call it. I think if you cut it, its really noticeable and looks cheesey. JMO
thats really the only reason i got it was because of the lip. they look sexy just by themselves:lol
i wish i woulda seen a gt/cs bumper and actually paid attention to it before i ordered a gt.

they look sick!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
o yeah that and 4 inch tips and cutting out the bumper, really would look cheesy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts