Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running L/T's with a O/R x-pipe and a Brenspeed tune? Problem is after the L/T's and x-pipe went on it's running rich. Can I set the fuel air mix back a bit and if so do I need to adjust the timing?

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I was running lean. So I got my Stang Dyno tuned to save my engine. Look at my signature to see what I have!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
you gotta data log it first. I dont think brenspeed will send him a tune cuase he thinks its running rich? Besided my experience with their tunes is generally on the lean side. Im going to try to data log mine today after the headers and delete plates to see whats up. I let you know dude.

And to answer your question yes you can adjust the mixture with your xcal. I dont know if you have to change the spark.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had talked to Brent at one time but without buying the exhuast from him I would have to pay. But yeah she's running very rich. When I start her up it floods out sometimes. I guess when I get a job going again I will take it to him and tweak it on the dyno. Might play around with it today and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I don' have the data cord to d/l the snap shot to my puter. Have to get with brent on that. Now today I set the air/fuel mix back 4% do I need to tweek the timing?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't play with the tune at all. I would just pony up the cash for a new tune. Maybe try Bama this time :dunno

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah true, I think the problem is I don't have the mil eliminators and the rear O2's are in with no cats so it's running rich. Till I get the money I am worried about having to much fuel in the cylinder and not getting enough lubrication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts