Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just put my exhaust on this weekend and it sounds good but from the inside when you give it gas you can hear a clicking of some sort. As you give it more throttle the ticking speeds up. any ideas of what it is?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
a leak

·
Registered
154 Posts
its a leak, i had the same problem at high rpms...i had a space between the h-pipe and the muffler

·
Registered
218 Posts
well where does it sound like the clicking is coming from? you could seafoam it, or just pop the hood and rev it manually. you should be able to tell if it is in the headers region if it sounds like the noise is happening right there when you rev it manually - if it isn't from right there check where 95stangvert said to look

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
seafoam it and watch for where the smoke comes out

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well where does it sound like the clicking is coming from? you could seafoam it, or just pop the hood and rev it manually. you should be able to tell if it is in the headers region if it sounds like the noise is happening right there when you rev it manually - if it isn't from right there check where 95stangvert said to look
its coming from the passenger header how do you seafoam it?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
get the car up to running temp than you put 1/3 of the can of seafoam in the gas tank, 1/3 in the oil, and 1/3 in the vacuum hose. and then from there i dont know wut to do lol. so someone else can finish the story for me

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
if u know it is coming from the pasenager header, then go adead and tighten it down so it dosent leak
tq speks r 23-26 ftlb's

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can i do the old soapy water trick and see exactly where it is coming from

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well how do i find out which block it is

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i dont understand the question, but to find the leak, the seafoam will be your best bet. the soapy water would probly work but i dont like the idea of water being inside your headers and stuff, rust is really bad if its on the inside

·
Registered
218 Posts
its coming from the passenger header how do you seafoam it?
don't bother seafoaming it since you know where it is coming from. and did you use gaskets when installing? some v6s were built without gaskets but definately put one on if you didn't use them. either way make sure to torque it to 23 to 26 ft-lbs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i put new gaskets on and locking bolts but looks like i am going to have to retighten them thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts