Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this comes out as a pointless post.

Im getting very very frustrated with picking out an exhaust:mad:. I was set on the BBK o/r H then i hear the prochamber. I want to eventually get Super 44's and im wondering how the o/r H and prochamber compare? Is the Prochamber worth the extra $80-90 (im more worried about the $ over performace because the midpipe isnt much of a HP boost)?

One last thing, with the o/r H pipe or even the prochamber, i want it to be loud, noticable and DEEP! But not sound like a diesel truck or 18 wheeler. Are the sounds similar or am i just a noob :sorry ?

Thanks
Kody

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
they do sound similar, and I am in the same boat as you....

from what I've heard, don't know if its correct:

h will be louder
prochamber will be deeper

almost everyone that has the pc will say they love it, and people with bbk loves theirs also.

its one of those things you just have to go for....

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i love my o/r h and violators. :D
ill make you a video tomorrow bud. ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Vince! I'm only 18 and i dont have alot of money. If their close ill go with the H pipe just cuz its cheaper :confused:. The stock muffles will keep it reasonable quiet until i get the flowmasters. I cant wait for all the people in town to stop and stare :D

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
NO Problem bro!
just be sure to check out the 99-04 section for the video! ill pm you a link :D

the h pipe is DEFINITELY cheaper, always will be, since its just straight pipes, and not a "extra muffler" (sometimes how the PC is referenced)

Im 17 and i probably have less money then you :p
i got the full catback from pypes, but you can just get the violators welded, or clamped in at your local menike for very cheap.

i also got my h-pipe off of CL for 60$

PLEASE dont go for blowmasters, (personal opinion guys :hug) go for something more unique, and ooto.
like violators, slp lm2's, pypes m-80's, spintech, something of that sort. :p

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the deep sound of the Super 44s. Iv heard that the SLP Loudmouths are carzy loud!!

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
i completely disagree. if so many people have them, obviously theyre doing something right...

i could care less if its unique, just as long as it sounds good. sure other things sound good too, personally like flows.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
im just bustin your balls man. :hug
i just dont like em'.
not loud enough for me. :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ive got a mac O/R H pipe and Mac dumps. I say go H pipe sounds deep but still a little nasty compared to the PC in a good way. Also MAC muffler are a good alternative to the flows if you don't want to sound like the guy you're passing on the road. They're loud but with a great sound

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
my original 40s with cut tailpipes and a hollowed out x pipe sound deep and amazing

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would hollowing the cats work just as well as a o/r? I heard that hollowing them will cause some back pressure because its an empty whole.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts