Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
they make a kind where you press a button and it does opens and closes it. My friend put it on his keychain and can do it right from the seat.

·
Registered
634 Posts
a buddy of mine has the electric ones on his 2006 GTO. He opens them once in a while around town etc, but when he opened them for the track he actually got slower ET's. A lot of cars need the scavenging effect of an exhaust system to help them rev faster/higher. If you get them do it because you like the sound, don't expect quicker times at the track.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
cutouts are pretty worthless on these cars, and if you've never heard a 2V car with open headers, you may want to before you put cutouts on it for "the sound".

I started my car open headers once..... Threw up twice...... Then put my H Pipe and dumps back on it. They just sound like complete ass with open exhaust.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
a buddy of mine has the electric ones on his 2006 GTO. He opens them once in a while around town etc, but when he opened them for the track he actually got slower ET's. A lot of cars need the scavenging effect of an exhaust system to help them rev faster/higher. If you get them do it because you like the sound, don't expect quicker times at the track.
Completely agree on a street motor you def will lose power with cutouts hell even with str8 thru mufflers some ppl lose power not going into details but on two of my vehicles ran str8 thru muffler and went ack to chambered there was a noticable loss that was with a 4.6 and ls2

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The z06 has electric cutouts too... But then again the GTO and z06 has a 5.7/6.0 and 7.0l motor... Sounds good there. The 4.6 is tiny.

cutouts are pretty worthless on these cars, and if you've never heard a 2V car with open headers, you may want to before you put cutouts on it for "the sound".

I started my car open headers once..... Threw up twice...... Then put my H Pipe and dumps back on it. They just sound like complete ass with open exhaust.
Yup..

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
dont waste your money on them they will do nothing for your car. I actually gained ET by putting my exhaust back on. And like Bullitt said, they sound like ****. The only reason why the z06 and GTO sound good is they are push rod motors. Mod motors especially 4.6 sound like ass. If you want a louder sounding exhaust, dump it behind the mufflers

·
Registered
114 Posts
thats what i did...i dumped my exhaust after the mufflers and it sounds crazy loud...but a buddy of mine with a camaro z28 did open headers and it sounds crazy...loud as hell but very similar to mine...if you like...i can probably put up a video of my cars exhaust...i think i like mine better :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts