• stock mufflers

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my current setup is causing a lot of vibration and rattling during cold starts, other than that it sounds great once its warmed up. im trying to decide if i want to midmount some glasspacks or just put the stock mufflers on. the only thing i'm worried about is the glasspacks wont get rid of the vibration/rattling. i watched some clips of the stock cans with o/r h and it sounds pretty damn good, but i'm afraid it'll be too quiet. what do you guys think?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
have you thought about trouble shooting the vibe/rattle problem yet before spending more money and not fixing the problem? i know really loud mufflers will cause some interior rattles but those things are easy fixes.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the main cause of the vibration is in the hangers. i need the rubber/metal hangers from AM. those are about $70. the other vibration is coming from the trunk/rear glass area and the drivers side door. Those, i dont know where to start troubleshooting. I can get a set of 18" glasspacks for about 40 bucks, or put the stock mufflers back on for free.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i would just make sure all the clamps are tight and not near anything. i had a vibratino that drove me ****ing nuts and it turned out to be clamps hitting the underside of the car. easy fix and no money spent :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
glass packs suck, I agree with with the people above at least have a look at it befor you spend the money on something else it might be an easy fix. Now if you can't fix it put your stockers back on and see if you like it or not. I said g/p suck because of the quality, after a few months there the same a a straight peice of pipe because the fiberglass packing burns out.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
just find the issue. glass packs do suck and if you want the stock mufflers i'd say you'd want lt's & o/r midpipe.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The rattle is probably the exhaust pipe vibrating on the rear axle. I have the same issue after messing around with the exhaust the pipe changed location ever so slightly and now when I start her up, I get a vibration for about a few minutes or so until it warms up. I have checked all the hangers and they are find and when I move the pipe around the goes over the axle that is where I noticed it hitting on it.

Check that out first before going an further. The fix would be to bend the hangers to pull the pipe up off the axle.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for the input. hopefully ill figure this out. i really like the sound of the setup, just the vibration is annoying as hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts