Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my v6 2007 Mustang I'd like to upgrade to a new exhaust..as I want a better sound and a (little bit) better performance.

Flowmaster, Magaflow, and Pypes Violator are the three im looking at... I'd like to get dual exhaust & cut the bumper on the drivers' side to save money..

Opinions on which sounds and performs the best for its money?

If you could provide any links in regards to cheapest pricing that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-v6/89325-official-4-0-exhaust-thread.html

-ATG

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Too bad exhaust doesnt really add a ton of performance. Exhaust is basically all sound. As for the muffler, flowmaster is probably the most popular. I however really like the pypes mufflers. they sound great.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
On the 05+ id say pypes tied w/ flowmaster > magnaflow...I havnt hear a magnaflow sound good on any sixer imo yet

But might be biased I'm a flowmaster guy (dispite the slp on my car :lol )

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I know this one dude who put a 700 800 dollar magnaflow kit on his 08 i think, sixxer, for the price, sounds terrible imo, lil growl at startup, non existent idle, can only hear it WOT.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Too bad exhaust doesnt really add a ton of performance. Exhaust is basically all sound. As for the muffler, flowmaster is probably the most popular. I however really like the pypes mufflers. they sound great.
2000Stallion,
There are very few modifications outside of blowers and turbos which add massive horsepower, but exhaust systems aren't just sound. Depending on the application, you could gain or lose 20 HP with a well made or poorly designed exhaust system. 20 hp here and 10 there will start to add up, and that's why exhaust upgrades are always a part of any performance build. Getting a better sound doesn't hurt either!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
2000Stallion,
There are very few modifications outside of blowers and turbos which add massive horsepower, but exhaust systems aren't just sound. Depending on the application, you could gain or lose 20 HP with a well made or poorly designed exhaust system. 20 hp here and 10 there will start to add up, and that's why exhaust upgrades are always a part of any performance build. Getting a better sound doesn't hurt either!
Well with a tuner and other supporting mods. But most people coming in asking about exhaust dont plan on running a full exhaust and probably dont have alot of other performance work done to the car. But i agree! Exhaust is a great mod for heavily modified mustangs to bone stock ones..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
v6 stunna, i'm leaning more towards loudness than deepness..it's just my preference. obviously there are ways to make the car alot louder but I want to stay legal and pass admissions, lol

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
then keep your cats, get mac long tubes with the egr port if you want a full exhaust...and get a shop to fab you an h-pipe then pick a muffler

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
then keep your cats, get mac long tubes with the egr port if you want a full exhaust...and get a shop to fab you an h-pipe then pick a muffler
and he'll need a tuner for all that because s197's won't use our MIL eliminators :yes

@OP..if you want loud...hands down look into Corsa mufflers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
correct me if im wrong (this is my first car, I don't know much about mods)
but aren't long tubes illegal? I live in Maryland. I want to be able to pass admissions without changing anything when the time comes.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
correct me if im wrong (this is my first car, I don't know much about mods)
but aren't long tubes illegal? I live in Maryland. I want to be able to pass admissions without changing anything when the time comes.
you can make LTs legal :yes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how would you go about doing that [:
would a shop do it for me? or would they not even mess with LTs if they know I want to stay legal

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha xD idk, maybe ill wait off till I learn more - i'm still thoroughly ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff.. and i don't want to do the wrong thing and not like it

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
haha xD idk, maybe ill wait off till I learn more - i'm still thoroughly ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff.. and i don't want to do the wrong thing and not like it
just get a nice dual exhaust and call it a day until you research more down the road...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts