Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've loved the side exit exhaust look right in front of rear wheel and I'm just wondering anybody do this to their v6? Is it possible? If so what mufflers cats headers would be best? True dual h pipe x pipe? And price for exhaust so to do it or easier toDIY? any info help appreciated

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is actually a exhaust kit like that. AM used to have a link to it when you check out their Roush body kit.

Ehhh its kind of on the steep side... But here's the link, I'm sure if you took a picture of the parts to a exhaust shop they could do it cheaper.
http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Ford-Mustang-Exhaust-Muffler-Kit-Short-2001-2004.html

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah it's possible, they make kits specifically for the V6 cars. Side exit exhausts are expensive though, more expensive than a regular true dual exhaust out the back. You also have to get the Roush side skirts if you want it to look right. I don't know many V6 guys that do this exhaust but if you have the money, it looks awesome. The exhaust alone costs about $900, figure $1000 after tax and everything. Then for the body kit and paint figure another $1000+. That's why not many people have them, they look cool but are just so pricey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's a guy that lives near me that has a V6 roush replica, and honestly I think my exhaust sounds better and I just have the magnaflow performance cat back from AM

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i thought it would be cheaper seeing as how it uses less piping. also what exhaust do you guys recomend for my sixxer?

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I think there's an exhaust thread here that has sound samples. Not sure. AmericanMuscle dot com has em, too. Also YouTube.

I recommend going with quality. Borla or maybe Kooks?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My exhaust sounds good, I believe it's the only magnaflow exhaust for 99 - 04 V6 at AM, but if I could do it over again I'd buy on of those true dual conversion kits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Best sounding 6s I've heard usually have LT headers, prochamber or o/r h pipe, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, and a nice cam. Cam is optional since it's pricey, but it can really make the exhaust sound much better.

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so for true dual i read its straight from header to cat to muffler to exit without h or x pipe do you guy recommend this? and what about divorced dual exhaust is this a h or x pipe cut in the middle splitting the pipe where they meet and exiting their respective sides? also catback and axel back what does this mean? whats better? as for a cam any ideas on this and anywhere i can get an idea on how to install? and for camming do i need a custom exhaust or would a stock suffice? im poor but i can learn first, save second, modd to the fullest

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok so for true dual i read its straight from header to cat to muffler to exit without h or x pipe do you guy recommend this? and what about divorced dual exhaust is this a h or x pipe cut in the middle splitting the pipe where they meet and exiting their respective sides? also catback and axel back what does this mean? whats better? as for a cam any ideas on this and anywhere i can get an idea on how to install? and for camming do i need a custom exhaust or would a stock suffice? im poor but i can learn first, save second, modd to the fullest
True dual exhaust just means they don't completely go together like on the V6 stock exhaust.

True dual exhaust types: divorced, H pipe, X pipe
Divorced exhaust just means they NEVER intersect from the headers to the exit.
They say H pipes, intersect in the form of an "H" give a more throaty sound, and X, intersect in the form of a "X", pipes give more of a raspy sound.

Catback exhaust is from the catalytic converter back which is right before your pipes connect.

Axleback exhaust start right after your real axle.

I think most people recommend Catback.

I can't answer anything about the cams. I'm currently doing my research, for I don't know much about them, although i haven't heard anything about a custom exhaust specifically for aftermarket cams. And i do know depending on the kind you get it'll make your Stang faster in the long run or on take off.

·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm i remember i read somewhere that it isnt true dual if it has an x/h pipe but i remember reading somewhere about running straight headers is this what it would be called running straight from header to exit? or does this mean no cats or muffler? and i might just research the sounds still any body hear a side exit exhaust or know if it sounds better? ive only seen a couple side exits they look sooo nice but ive never heard them running.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Exhaust terminology gets a bit messy sometimes. Here's how I tend to think of it:

True duals - X pipe, h pipe, prochamber, or divorced duals
H pipe - midpipe makes an H shape
X pipe - midpipe makes and X shape
Prochamber - midpipe converges into a box
Divorced duals - exhaust runs from each exhaust manifold without converging at any point
Straight headers/Open headers - No exhaust after the exhaust manifolds, very loud
Turn downs/dumps - exhaust is pointed down at the ground (before or after axle) instead of out the rear
Side exhaust - Exhaust runs out the side, before the wheels
Offroad - any midpipe without cats

That's all the terms I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I'd dump it for a clean simple sleek look
had it dumped right before the rear bumper cover

best v6 exhaust is synestergates or whatever youtube mustang v6 dual exhaust thrush and you'll find him, find the clip of his with thrush mufflers long tubes midpipe and a lumpy cam, one of the meanest mustangs I've ever heard not just v6s but mustangs (not hating, as generally the v6s do not sound very good and the 2vs are renowned for their sound)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts