Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
go fast!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to get exhaust on my mach 1. Any suggestions on what would be best for hp then secondly sound. I like the deep sound. DD ss well.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I think catted, high flow cats, are the best for dding and sound. O/r for price and hp.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
You won't gain big hp at all I believe, try to choose by the sound, and make sure you feel comfortable with it

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
i have an o/r x pipe w/ flowmaster 44's. its nice, there is a drone though, if u don't like that then stay away from flowmaster lol. im swapping out my flows for some slp's b/c i want the car loud as **** :D

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
An x pipe with a straight-through muffler provides the best flow for HP gains, longtubes add a little more over top that. I found SLP Powerflo to be the deepest of the straight-through muffs. Here's a couple clips, one with LTs and one without. Couldn't rev her up much because of the neighbors but I do have vids from the track if you want to hear it WOT.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
SLP LM1's FTW

·
Registered
480 Posts
Go to your trusted exhaust shop and have them make you a custom exhaust for your needs. I had mine make a custom 2.5 inch exhaust from the cat back with custom x and magnapacks with some nice 3.5 inch tail pipes. I included the mufflers and they charged me $300 OTD for labor, piping and tips.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I hate borla stingers... Magnaflows (regualr mufflers) are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm running SLP LM1's, BBK longtubes, and catted BBK H pipe. Sounds awesome! I wish it were a little louder though. It seems like the setup was a lot louder right after I put everything on than it is now.

2000 Mustang GT - YouTube

1 - 15 of 15 Posts