Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know any performance exhaust that will pass massachusetts State inspection.if so please let me know,having alot of trouble trying to get my 92 5.0 LX to pass because of DB levels.MASS. sucks for performance car minded people.but they continue to let company's sell these parts in mass. I don't get it diesn't make sense.Thanks:mad:

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Does anyone out there know any performance exhaust that will pass massachusetts State inspection.if so please let me know,having alot of trouble trying to get my 92 5.0 LX to pass because of DB levels.MASS. sucks for performance car minded people.but they continue to let company's sell these parts in mass. I don't get it diesn't make sense.Thanks:mad:
stock exhaust?
if it has cats and mufflers that should quiet it up some.
find someone else to pass you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick responce.but I have cats on the car with a flo master cat-back system and got rejected by 4 different stations.(might have to pay a little extra to get it done)

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Thanks for the quick responce.but I have cats on the car with a flo master cat-back system and got rejected by 4 different stations.(might have to pay a little extra to get it done)
damn that sucks...yea you need to make a friend with one of em and get someone to get you by. thats ridiculous...the car has the **** its supposed to have...you cant help that its a v8..damn

·
Registered
435 Posts
does it really matter anymore, i didnt think they cared because they dont have to pass emissions anymore. am i wrong?? i am getting mine running shortly i hope i dont run into the same problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The funny thing is i bought the car from a guy in cali.The car itself is in awesome condition with a complete Trick Flo upper half and powerdyne supercharger and run's incredible.I think the car has ethier series 40 or 44 mufflers but i think i might go back to stock to get through inspection.The sad part is, it's not any louder than a Harley!!!!Thanks for your reply's

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The funny thing is i bought the car from a guy in cali.The car itself is in awesome condition with a complete Trick Flo upper half and powerdyne supercharger and run's incredible.I think the car has ethier series 40 or 44 mufflers but i think i might go back to stock to get through inspection.The sad part is, it's not any louder than a Harley!!!!Thanks for your reply's
I'm glad you said that.. why can bikes have open headers and we can't?

Bikes are a million more times annoying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts