Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally had my emissions test and passed so im installing my magnaflow o/r x and the magnapack catback as soon as i see a sunny day. The question i have is about taking the stock exhaust off. In my installation guide from magnaflow it says i have to cut the stock exhaust behing the exhaust tips and a few other places. Is cutting the stock exhaust neccessary? and if so how easy is it to put back together?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i wouldnt call myself good by any means lol. if its too much of a hassle to do it without cutting the exhaust than ill cut it. i was hoping there was some kind of trick to it.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
you just have to manipulate it out from the rear axle or drop the rear end to get it out.
it's kind of a pain in the butt considering buying a new (stock) one if fairly cheap.. most people throw them out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
One word, SAWSALL:D, beg borrow or steal one, if not buy it. Or get out the trusty hacksaw and go to town :p

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I got mine out without cutting, but I have a 4 post hoist so that made the difference.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i have to than ill just buy a new stock one. Thats sounds alot easier.

Im going to do the work myself at a open garage at the local military installation because it has a lift. My dad is an egineer at the base so ill see if he can borrow a saw.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
If you have a lift you will not have to cut it. If yo have to cut it do it just behind the mufflers so you can weld it back together easily if you have to.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well it still all deponds on how much time you want to play with it, I was lazy, my stock set up was old beat up, ugly. I have a lift also and I still cut those bad boys, I had a pain at some parts putting the new ones in since it was a tight fit, and that was just from mufflers.

Its all the same anyway, if I have to put the old ones up, its a quick easy weld, no problem.

BTW I love the magnapacks on mine, you will be pretty happy.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I heard that the magnapacks sound really good, I almost bought them for my Mach, but the Borla Stingers sound to effi good to pass up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im going to make a audio clip once I headers get in, but best way to say it, nice a idle, sounds great when reving, has a strong agressive tone. I had a slight drone at 2k rpm but when I did my tune it went away. And it wasnt bad either, just when you got a hang over and your trying to get home it messed with the head alittle :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i guess ill make the decision when i reserve the garage. Once its lifted, if it looks like it wont take very long than ill try not to cut them, but if it starts taking forever than ill go ahead and pull out the saw. If its an easy weld than i can put them back together if needed.

When i was looking for exhausts, i was on here and youtube all the time finding sound clips. and after finding sweet2kstang's clip i decided that this was the exhaust for me. I cant wait to put it on and rev it up.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
good luck with the exhaust install.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ thanks. As of right now it looks like the install will be next week. tomorrow its calling for rain and some snow, and low temps and rain until tues. Next Tues. to Sat. it going to be in the 60's so hopefully one of those days will be nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts