Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm trying to convince my dad that installing exhaust (being a midpipe and catback) is not a daunting task.. I'm judging that from threads I read every few days here, but I'm wondering what kind of workspace and tools I'd need. I don't think I have a jack except for the one included with the car, but I've got ramps and basically every socket size with some ratchets. He's afraid that it will take a long time and that we or I won't be able to do it just right. He installed some different exhaust components back in his day when he used to hot rod his 67 ss chevelle and said he almost always had rattling because he couldn't really get the hangers situated correctly. What are some pointers, needed tools that I don't have, and time estimates.. or would it just be easier to take it to a guy at my local muffler shop and let him do it for 100 bucks? Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You never learn if you dont try. Just do it, its really not hard. You need something to saw off your stock tail pipes.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
what does he have to saw off? if its a midpipe and complete catback? all he will have to do is unscrew the O2's and undo the nuts on the bolts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've got a few saws if one is needed. how large of a work area is needed? would it be best to try to like back the car up on the ramps or what would work best to be able to get to everything under there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts