Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed today that when i got on my car a little bit some darker colored smoke came out of the exhaust this has never happened before and there is heavy black deposits on my exhaust tips. is it just running rich? or could it be something more serious?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i noticed today that when i got on my car a little bit some darker colored smoke came out of the exhaust this has never happened before and there is heavy black deposits on my exhaust tips. is it just running rich? or could it be something more serious?
For the most part there are three most common colors of smoke that can be emitted from the engine. (white, blue, black)
White smoke is caused by water and or antifreeze entering the cylinder, and the engine trying to burn it with the fuel. Blue smoke is caused by engine oil entering the cylinder area and being burned along with the fuel air mixture. Same with the white smoke, just a small drop of oil leaking into the cylinder can produce blue smoke out the tailpipe. Black smoke is caused by excess fuel that has entered the cylinder area and cannot be burned completely. (aka "running rich.")

·
Registered
910 Posts
adjustable fuel regulator?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
If it's running rich all the time, you could have at least one faulty O2 sensor. Check your ECU for codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts