Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you find exhaust leaks? I always did the physical inspection, looking for the obvious holes, and black buildup... My 90 GT is gassing me! But only at high RPMs... I'm getting ****ing high while I'm driving it... Kinda fun, but the choking is starting to get to me...

I have exhaust gaskets, I forget the name of the material, but they kinda look like fire hose fabric.. They came white, and they're still white...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
idea!!

prob wont work but eh

snake oil it and then crawl under it and try to find it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh...?

I'm still a little dizzy from the fumes...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Shoot water into the exhaust pipe and see where it falls out.
Somebody told me this once... not sure if it sounds like a good idea... :eek:

But uh, when you gas it does the car sound like a rice rocket? If your headers/manifold's have a hole, it'll kind of sound like a series of quick like... farts. Is the best way to describe it.... does that happen?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
take your headers completely off. dont uses gaskets, put rtv copper silicone (a real nice think bead) around the port on the head and stab those things on there. do the same at the collector also. if you take your time and do it right then it wont leak.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive seen this once but not if its a good idea. Get a buddy with some glove and cover the tailpipes then you listen for the leak, but again not sure if a good idea

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
take your headers completely off. dont uses gaskets, put rtv copper silicone (a real nice think bead) around the port on the head and stab those things on there. do the same at the collector also. if you take your time and do it right then it wont leak.
This will work

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when you gas it does the car sound like a rice rocket? If your headers/manifold's have a hole, it'll kind of sound like a series of quick like... farts. Is the best way to describe it.... does that happen?
No rice burning... It sounds real nice, shakes the ground and ****...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I read on here someone said, Use a piece of hose and hold one end up to your ear and follow the exhaust with the other end and you will be able to pin point it.

Hope it works out either way!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts