Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 mustang gt currently with stock exhaust system + flomaster 40s. I'm looking to get advice on what kind of exhaust/midpipe upgrade to put on. Also what are all the benifits for upgrading?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
offroad pipe..x or h, i have an x.. an offroad midpipe gives you power gains, and it sounds better/louder

·
Registered
237 Posts
h pipe with thos flows
not a big fan of running x with chambered mufflers just my 2 cent

x pipe= raspy

h pipe= deep

x pipe gains more power onley if making serious hp

in most cases it ant enough to tell

·
Registered
237 Posts
if you wanting legal off road h or x ant gonna work neighter has cats

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I've been looking towards an x, is there any way to make it legal being that I have to get emissions?
You would have to get a catted x pipe. If you go with the x I would change out the flowmaster catback for one that doesn't have chambers, like the slp loudmouth 1's

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
depends on where your located as far as emissions go, in MA where i am i have to go to a friend that does inspections

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
O/r x Pipe - I always recommend UPR if you're not looking to spend much but want a good solid piece. I ran the UPR o/r X on my 02 GT and I loved it. Sounded absolutely beautiful through the Borla Stingers. :yes

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
O/r x Pipe - I always recommend UPR if you're not looking to spend much but want a good solid piece. I ran the UPR o/r X on my 02 GT and I loved it. Sounded absolutely beautiful through the Borla Stingers. :yes
yes..thats what my brother has..sounds amazing

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
A catted X with your current flows will be just fine. An o/r X with your current flows would cause a rattling sound between 2000-2500rpm BUT since you are going with a catted setup the cats will clean that sound up I know personally be I had the setup on my own car. So a catted X on your car with your current mufflers will be fine! Some ppl don't care to much for the sound of flowmasters so they will tell you to swap them out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
How is the ground clearance with the upr? I think i have a slp it came on the car so im not sure but it hangs stupid low with my shorties

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
yes..thats what my brother has..sounds amazing
Yes :drool

How is the ground clearance with the upr? I think i have a slp it came on the car so im not sure but it hangs stupid low with my shorties
The clearance was actually very good. Fitment was also very nice. I was lowered (you can see in my sig) and I never scraped; even on speed bumps :yes

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
They explained midpipes pretty well, as far as exhaust is personal opinion. Id recommend borla, magnaflow, or slp for just a few. You can get a bit better idea from YouTube on what u want. Not exact but gives u an idea..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm currently running flowmaster 40s with a offroad h-pipe by summit. It has a nice clean deep sound to it. If you want a real tough sound xpipe is definitely the way to go. I had a bbk xpipe and it sounded pretty good (had to change it due to exhaust leak). If you are worried about emmisions you can get the MIL Elminators. I have no problem with emissions with them on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im looking at a catted magnaflow tru x x pipe, my friend has this on his car and it sounds pretty good. Is there any other brand equally as good? This one is about $650. Also is there much difference in hp?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
get a catted x pipe.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Im looking at a catted magnaflow tru x x pipe, my friend has this on his car and it sounds pretty good. Is there any other brand equally as good? This one is about $650. Also is there much difference in hp?
Get a Jegs o/r h pipe for $160 and call it a day. Great fitment and stainless steel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts