Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im going to see about getting true dual exhaust today.. Im in NY and last time I went to a mechanic they tried to say $700.00.. Ive been having a hard time with all the brand names. Now Im gonna just go custom... I know everybodies fav is flowmaster 40's.. So I just wanna make sure that this is right?

Custom Piping 2.5
Custom H Pipe
Flowmaster 40's...

I found this video on youtube.. To me this is the best 05+ exhaust Ive heard...

Is there any real big diff.. Between the 40's and American Thunder? I would rather get that american thunder, but i know there a lil more$.. Plus if anybody's from NY and has custom exhaust, about how much did you spend. I see alot of people paying between $300.00 to $400.00 which is fine. Just not $700.00..

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
american thunder is more designed with a big V8s in mind. 40s will sound better on yours,

and a custom setup like you describe dont pay more than 400 installed

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I just got back from the place.. They said If i can get my own flowmaster 40 mufflers and H pipe they would do it for $300.00.. Thats the best Ive been quoted in NY..

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
The video you posted is overly loud (camera sucked, or he edited it)

This is the reality of the 4.0:

You might wanna look into the mrt aero turbine, or the mid muffler system.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HMMMMM!!! Is there no site that has a sound video with those... IDK.. Now if they sound like ass im $140.00 in the hole with a ass sounding mustang lol:eek:... Whats so great about those other then the 40s? Hmmmmmm....
Ill save that site. Who knows..

Is there a really great site that has flowmaster 40 mufflers and H Pipes.. Or do I just google find and buy?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah thats way outta my range... Those are expensive.. Plus from the v6 sound clip I didnt really like that much... Have you heard anything about these flowtech/warlock mufflers? Whats so much better then flowmaster 40's

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
yeah thats way outta my range... Those are expensive.. Plus from the v6 sound clip I didnt really like that much... Have you heard anything about these flowtech/warlock mufflers? Whats so much better then flowmaster 40's
they out perform them flow wise... and no i haven't ever heard them thats why i want you to get some... so if i like how they sound i can buy some too :D

but no i have 40's on my car now and they sound just fine... i think i will go with the warlocks next time i get mufflers though what ever car it be

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
are you getting high flow cats or keeping your originals?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
300 without mufflers is ridiculous, find another shop man they are taking you for a ride, I paid 375 for full piping, 2 mufflers(flows 40s), 2 30x3 stainless tips, and a crossover bar

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well down the road Im gonna end up getting L/T headers.... HMMMMM Ya know I really wanna see how those warlocks sound man.. But like I said thta a $140.00 lol... If it sounds like ass i have to ride around with those on for atleast a month.. Imma just have to do the basic setup everyone says.. Im trying to talk my friend into gettin the warlock. He just wants to stay single. So ill let you know..

Ive been to 5 shops so far around here.. all atleast an hour ish away.. on average they say $500-$700.. Thats the best ive heard around here.. My taxes should be in anytime and thats what im waiting for so im gonna see what Va pricing may be.... Thanks Guys

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
blah Gt mufflers are too restrictive to merit buying them, upgrade you can get flow 40's on ebay for 30 bucks lol. (and yes they are real i have bought them before), but yeah try to find local exhaust only shops, stay away from places like midas and such they overcharge

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah thats what this shop is it a lil mom and pop shop.. Just NY labor is $90.00 a hour..Crazy as hell... The guy thats doin it actually has a 93GT so he was talking to me about alot of ish... Imma see what the little shops will do in VA though.. Were exactly did you find flowmaster 40s on ebay.. I typed that in and Im seeing $60.00 for each.. I wanna do 3 inch tips and i mostly see 2 1/2 inch tips

1 - 20 of 20 Posts