Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone just taken off the factory mufflers and tied up the over axle pipes? and if so how did you keep the over axle pipes up ????

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
So, you wanted to start ANOTHER exhaust thread, huh? I almost grabbed my stick.....

But wait you asked about deleting the axlebacks and not replacing them with anything? :facepalm:

First off, that would be ghetto. So just stop it already.

Second, you would end up with a bumper cut out for muffler tips with nothing in them. And that, too, would be ghetto. So no, don't do it.

Third, it makes the car sound like rotten ass. Again, ghetto. Again, no.

The correct way to not fulfill your ghettoness would be to install a set of straight though muffler deletes like those from Pypes or Magnaflow. I've even seen someone take the factory mufflers out and weld in a straight pipe. Looks factory, but doesn't sound that way.

Any more questions before the horse dies? :deadhorse:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you wanted to start ANOTHER exhaust thread, huh? I almost grabbed my stick.....

But wait you asked about deleting the axlebacks and not replacing them with anything? :facepalm:

First off, that would be ghetto. So just stop it already.

Second, you would end up with a bumper cut out for muffler tips with nothing in them. And that, too, would be ghetto. So no, don't do it.

Third, it makes the car sound like rotten ass. Again, ghetto. Again, no.

The correct way to not fulfill your ghettoness would be to install a set of straight though muffler deletes like those from Pypes or Magnaflow. I've even seen someone take the factory mufflers out and weld in a straight pipe. Looks factory, but doesn't sound that way.

Any more questions before the horse dies? :deadhorse:
Thanks for the response.

First off, Ill do what I want with my car unless you are the one that bought it which I dont think is the case.

Second, you didnt answer my question at all. Have you done it? Im guessing not since you think its ghetto.

Thanks for stopping by though

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I guess you missed all of the sarcasm there.

The bit about muffler deletes was not sarcasm, though. That actually answered your question. But thanks for playing.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yes, just "tying up" the exhaust sounds pretty stupid. Heartthrob muffler deletes for under $200 will get what you are looking for. They may not have the greatest fit or tips, but it's cheap and loud.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Its not that loud, when I did my axle backs I started the car in my parents garage and cracked the throttle. It scared my girlfriend, dog and sister, but nothing like a straight pipe setup.

It didn't sound very good though.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Its not that loud, when I did my axle backs I started the car in my parents garage and cracked the throttle. It scared my girlfriend, dog and sister, but nothing like a straight pipe setup.

Yup. That's why I'm getting rid of mine here soon and going to GT500's w/ o/r x pipe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess you missed all of the sarcasm there.

The bit about muffler deletes was not sarcasm, though. That actually answered your question. But thanks for playing.
Hey man if there was any sarcasm there than I def missed it and apologize.
Ive seen people do it on the 05-09s. Unless u just want your car stupid loud id say dont do it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man
Yes, just "tying up" the exhaust sounds pretty stupid. Heartthrob muffler deletes for under $200 will get what you are looking for. They may not have the greatest fit or tips, but it's cheap and loud.
Ive been looking at those on American Muscle but they arent under $200. Have you seen them elsewhere for less than what they have it for?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could always back off the clamps and fire it up to see for yourself (it's been so long since I've touched my MACs '08 - I think that's how their connected)... Like others have said though, it doesn't sound good. Sounds a bit "ghetto" ;). Like the "neighbor who says he could take your car with his dumped exhaust LT1 Camaro" ghetto. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ive been looking at those on American Muscle but they arent under $200. Have you seen them elsewhere for less than what they have it for?
They just went off clearance on their site a week or so ago so you just missed it. They'll probably be on sale again after Christmas or so. I might be willing to sell mine somewhat cheap if the GT500 exhaust is up to par with what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have GT 500's but they are just not enough. I am looking into doing the same thing (removing the mufflers) but I would be welding pipe to the tips sp it sill looks stock. The only difference is that I am replacing the stock H with a pro chamber. pro chamber and no mufflers = sound like ass?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have GT 500's but they are just not enough. I am looking into doing the same thing (removing the mufflers) but I would be welding pipe to the tips sp it sill looks stock. The only difference is that I am replacing the stock H with a pro chamber. pro chamber and no mufflers = sound like ass?
Assuming you are talking about a Mac's pro-chamber unless you are fabbing it yourself(probably better haha). And if you are, they have a HUGE fitment problem right now with our cars. I've only heard one online but he had axle backs(don't remember which sorry) and it didn't sound that great. I know when you put one on the 2v's it sounds like sex, but not sure on our 4v's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That sucks Brian! I hope I don't regret putting it on. If it sounds bad, what other H would you recommend? I want to keep the cats by the way to avoid check engine light...

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
I Dont understand why all these tards spend 200-300$ on muffler deletes. Go to a local exhaust shop, tell them to do it, and I bet he will delete your mufflers with 3 inch pipe for 40$ and weld your stock tips on, or buy some new tips. Unless you like wasting money just because you can bolt it on.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I Dont understand why all these tards spend 200-300$ on muffler deletes. Go to a local exhaust shop, tell them to do it, and I bet he will delete your mufflers with 3 inch pipe for 40$ and weld your stock tips on, or buy some new tips. Unless you like wasting money just because you can bolt it on.
I actually started to do this before I got mine.
Reason I didn't is because I had to take a fox body to one of the local shops to get the exhaust moved a few inches from rubbing the radials the owner just had to have on(they were too big and refused to get another set).
Went up there, said I want the exhaust to be as close to the gas tank as possible, will wrap/put insulation if we think it's needed. I go inside to make a phone call, come back out and the bastard had cut 3" off the pipe, welded it back and was trying to force it over w/ a screw driver. I asked him how long he's been doing this and he said 25 years, then asked in his expert opinion, wouldn't it be easier to chop the hangers off and adjust the hanger mounts vs messing up the pipe..... :facepalm:.
Now the thing is an inch under the bumper on one side and sticking out 1/2 on the other since I made him chop the other side off some too.
There's only one other place around here who are suppose to be the same "quality" this shop is and said not dealing with them, just going to buy it.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Oh OK... just curious. I have built a relationship with my exhaust guy so 9/10 I get a great deal. On small weld jobs that just take 10-15 minutes when I bring the parts I just throw him 40$ as a good gesture. But half the time he trys to just do it for free if its simple (like making a side pipe for my electric cut outs. He's basically built my entire exhaust besides the pypes axle back, which I got on sale and I wanted the black echo tip look.

Pypes axle back=240$
Ultraflo xpipe muffler=110$
Him building cat deletes and full piping front to back =100$
All the compliments I get=priceless lol

(Plus now I added the pypes electric cut outs just for fun

·
Registered
75 Posts
You could always do something like this:

And then do something like this My covering the cutouts thread

I love how my car sounds, and the cover looks good too IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
see this is exactly what i was looking for because this is almost the same set up i had on my 02 cobra clone and i loved the way it sounded. thanks for the pic man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts