Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new here
Well im looking for an Exhaust system for a stock 2001 gt .

I was looking at the SLP Loud-Mouth II Cat-Back Exhaust System but it might be just a tad bit to loud for me :(
so im wondering what is a good system to replace the oem unit with thats not to loud but at the same tiem not to quiet .

ps: this will be a daily driven car (im out for work @ 5AM) and used on long highway tips from time to time ..hence why i cant have something to loud :sorry

so what do you think i should go with BORLa's mabe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
maybe you should check out Mac exhaust,though I think it will ultimately depend on the muffler you chose more than likely.:)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you looked at Bassani yet?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Have you looked at Bassani yet?
+1 ud probobly love bassani! pretty loud and awesome tone when your city driving and accelerating...but as soon as you hit 5th gear for the highway it gets pretty quiet...almost too quiet for me...i have the bassani BX catback but i also have an offroad midpipe and longtubes so it would be even quieter for you but still give that awesome deep tone

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
+1 ud probobly love bassani! pretty loud and awesome tone when your city driving and accelerating...but as soon as you hit 5th gear for the highway it gets pretty quiet...almost too quiet for me...i have the bassani BX catback but i also have an offroad midpipe and longtubes so it would be even quieter for you but still give that awesome deep tone

x2 bassani always wins!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
2002 mustang gt ( my old one) weld in bassani mufflers. everything else bone stock

same car with the bassani weld ins and pypes o/r x pipe

same car before the bassani was installed. it had- weld in flowmasters

hope this helps

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where can i buy bassani mufflers?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
slp lm2's arent even loud.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
dude haha theres just something about it....even the name is sexy...*bassani* hahahah
only because it has ass in it. the products are ****.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
i just dont like bassani
i think they sound like ****. imo

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Hi all im new here
Well im looking for an Exhaust system for a stock 2001 gt .

I was looking at the SLP Loud-Mouth II Cat-Back Exhaust System but it might be just a tad bit to loud for me :(
so im wondering what is a good system to replace the oem unit with thats not to loud but at the same tiem not to quiet .

ps: this will be a daily driven car (im out for work @ 5AM) and used on long highway tips from time to time ..hence why i cant have something to loud :sorry

so what do you think i should go with BORLa's mabe?
I have flowtech mufflers and i have the stock mid pipe as of now and its the perfect for someone who wants a good sound but doesnt want a loud ass exhaust. pretty good sound for a daily driver. But i think if you like the sound of the Loudmouth you should be fine if you dont get an O/R Midpipe. The midpipe is really what makes an exhaust loud. The Loudmouths will be loud but i think it will be fine for DD if you dont add an O/R Midpipe

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
i just dont like bassani
i think they sound like ****. imo
Roger that. I wanted a nice, smooth sound that didn't get too loud (I drive my car all the time on road trips) and I just don't see Bassanis having that kind of temperament.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts