Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided not to waste space with two questions and put them into one thread!

First off...no s197 yet :(, BUT I am planning on trading in my 03 SVT Focus in the next year on an 08 (possibly 09) GT. I might try to find one that has a few thousand on the odo, to save myself 3-5k over the sticker just because I want my payment as low as possible (and enough $$ for mods :) )

First question: I have done a LOT of researching on mustangs (last 2 years... and dedicated s197 stuff for the last 6+ months) and have listened to probably 100 videos of mustang exhaust, but I am still unsure if I have found what I am looking for. And dont snicker at me for exhaust shopping on a car I dont have yet :D. I have always had this thing for v8's on start up/idle... Something about a violent/deep/rumbling start up and idle just make me want to :eek: in my pants. I also want a reasonably loud (thinking H pipe) yet SUPER DEEP setup. I think the frpp/borla axelbacks would be alright for that. I love pretty much anything borla (I have a borla cat-back with an ORP (no cats) on my svtF and it sounds pretty good, even if its only 4 cylinders!). For those who have the frpp/borla, does it sound really deep? Is there something deeper?

Second question: As far as keeping the ford warranty on a supercharged s197...what are my options? Seeing as how im looking for a new (or within a few thousand miles) GT, I would hate to slap on a blower and void out the 3/36k warranty. My svtF is an '03 with 50k on the clock and with the stock 3/36k I was able to utilize my warranty for quite a few high dollar fixes --> audiophile head unit was eating cd's (3 different head units), a stock engine mount (must have been the weather...not hard shifting..), and a few other things resulting in a lot of saved money... I realize they would probably laugh in my face if I threw a rod with a blower sitting in the engine bay, but at least everything else (driveline??) and interior/basic mechanicals would be covered right?

The only thing i have read about being warranty friendly is the frpp Whipple 400 kit. This is 400 flywheel HP right? Seeing as how bolt ons get people to 300-310 the addition of this would probably put me at like 370-380hp? (isn't it like 6-6.5 psi? assuming 10hp/psi) I assume a tune could push it to 400? 400hp seems reasonable to start with, and then im sure the pulley could be swapped out to the 9/10 psi pulley down the road to cure the HP hunger.

Any info is greatly appreciated! No mustang in hand...but the build going down inside my brain = :love (ya...thats butt secks!)

Thanks guys

p.s....sorry for your copy of "war and peace" ^^^ :stickpoke
p.s.s The smiley's on this forum kick ass!

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
The FRPP/Borla with an o/r h pipe sounds great, probably just what your looking for. Heres a sound clip with that setup.
As far as warranty with supercharger. Dealers usually will only warranty it if they install it, contact your local Ford dealer if thats the route you want to take. Your options would be Saleen, Roush, and Whipple.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yep Stanglife just about covered it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts