Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 mustang gt with SLP loudmouth ll's, programmer and CAI and I want to take out my cats. Does anybody have a the same setup and if so how loud is with without the cats. I had HP performance in Jax Florida put my exhaust on and he said that it would get pretty annoying after a while but just how loud is it?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Loudmoth II? I thought those were for the previous gen. mustangs. Are you talking about the muffler deletes? If so, it will be loud and obnoxious w/o the cats and you will get trumpeting or this blatting noise around 2500 RPMS. IMO, SLP LM and all muffler deletes sound best with the stock catted H.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
disagree, did my LM's and thought it was way to much drone when cruising. i added a cut in frpp xpipe (keeping stock cats) and all the drone went away, it got louder out back, and it got quieter in the cabin w/ both windows up or down.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
i have that drone around 2000-2400 rpm's, it isnt bad unless you are driving more than a couple hours!

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Loudmouths and a o/r x or even h will be reaaaal loud. But it also depends on your taste. If you like everyone hearing you, even at a slow cruise, go for it. I like loud so I wouldn't mind it. Idk about long run

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
disagree, did my LM's and thought it was way to much drone when cruising. i added a cut in frpp xpipe (keeping stock cats) and all the drone went away, it got louder out back, and it got quieter in the cabin w/ both windows up or down.
I forgot about the splice in x but since you are still using the stock cats, it wouldn't be too loud. O/R midpipe or even hi-flow cats are too loud with the SLP LM.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
This is my car with o/r h with my slp loudmouths I drive everyday with this setup I tried the o/h x and it sounding like garbage

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^ thanks for that video...

you just convinced me on the o/r hpipe with my pype bombs!

same mufflers basically so i hope to get the same sound

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think its almost too loud with my O/R H-pipe and the Violators mufflers... its a nasty deep sound but its still loud as **** when I get on it. The only reason im keeping them is the sick sound at idle. Personally I wouldnt like the muffler deletes without cats but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think its almost too loud with my O/R H-pipe and the Violators mufflers... its a nasty deep sound but its still loud as **** when I get on it. The only reason im keeping them is the sick sound at idle. Personally I wouldnt like the muffler deletes without cats but thats just me.
it really is personal preference! I really like loud stangs, and i like it when i come down the street with barely in pedal into it and everyone turns to look!

also love the look when i hammer it in third gear and just see people JOLT their heads over to here the freight train coming by haha

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I dont mind loud its only when im really getting on it. My Harley and Vette got that covered perfectly. My stang likes to scream when im at 1/2 throttle lol. I can sneak through the housing development with the other two vehicles but not my stang everyone hears it coming down the road :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about just taking the cats out and having straight pipes from the manifolds to the tips. That would only be temporary though.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about just taking the cats out and having straight pipes from the manifolds to the tips. That would only be temporary though.
Do you mean without any h or x pipe? If so, that set-up will be ungodly loud.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This guy wants to be heard so let him go guys. He has been warned.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back! I actually came upon some cash...enough to spend to get a prochamber o/r....

my QUESTION

1. will it be as loud as an o/r hpipe
2. What will the sound quality be compared to an o/r hpipe
3. Is it worth it for 400?!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I had an o/r prochamber but never an o/r h but I believe the prochamber will be slightly quieter than the h. Supposedly it's deeper sounding but IDK.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
did you like the pro-chamber? would you do it again?

i want a really good reason why to pay 400 vs 180....if it just a slight difference i will just save my money and go o/r h

1 - 20 of 25 Posts