Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how often this question has been posted but I was wondering what you guys think on running straight pipe (no mufflers) vs having mufflers. My current set up right now is an O/R X pipe and flowmaster 40 series.

Will getting rid of my mufflers have that much of a negative affect?

Should I go with one chamber mufflers?

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
straight pipes sound like **** in my opinion

our gt's have a beautiful sound paired with many mufflers, id hate to take that away

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I ran that same setup for 2 months o/r x and 40 series flows. I wanted to get rid of the rasp so I went to str8 pipes not knowing any better and it was Extremely loud and sounded like crap to be honest and the car just felt all out slow esp off the line. In the end i ended up running hi flow cats on the x pipe and 10 series flows/1 chamber. they sound Alot better than the 40 series with my set up. They are alot smaller than the 40s to like half the size/weight.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
try the 10series they only run like $50+ each

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Out of your Choices you have listed since it seemed like you have boiled it down to the 40s or 10s go with the 10s. They sound quite a bit different than the 40s and its Almost a str8 through muffler but its not. Loud but still have somewhat of that deep flowmaster sound.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
No mufflers sound good with the stock midpipe/ catted midpipe. With an o/r midpipe it's going to be ridiculously loud and droney.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
magnapacs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided just to keep my o/r x and 40 series for now. Can't really find a good deal on a pair of single chamber mufflers right now.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
what kind of price range are you looking for? The single chamber flows run $59 each on summit.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I have the UPR O/R X pipe and Magnaflow Magnapacks dumped before the axles, and it sounds pretty mean...not really that expensive compared to some other stuff out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts