Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bbk h pipe and i have exhaust cut outs i was wonder should i put the cut out in the h pipe or take the h pipe out and just put exhaust pipe from headers back... would i lose power with taking the h pipe

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
if you have an off road h pipe then you won't gain any power by eliminating the "H" as a matter of fact you will probably lose some hp and torque by eliminating the exhaust's ability to cross over and take the less restrictive path to the outside , i would advise against putting the cut outs in, if you want a really loud car then just run some dumps after the h pipe ( altho i would just get a quality cat back , i love the sound of a healthy motor breathing thru good exhaust, not a stock motor running what is esentially open headers )

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
^^^ +1 you will lose power...i would say just get some LT's, o/r x-pipe and run straight pipes out the back..that would be real loud.idk how good it would sound but its loud..but im with 86 notch a mostly stock motor sounds like crap through open headers or straight pipes..so find some non-restrictive mufflers to throw on there..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Have Shorty Headers With 3 Inch Pipes Flowmasters With No Tail Pipes And The Car Is Loud And Sounds Good Will Turn Heads When You Pull Up Somewhere For Sure

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ +1 you will lose power...i would say just get some LT's, o/r x-pipe and run straight pipes out the back..that would be real loud.idk how good it would sound but its loud..but im with 86 notch a mostly stock motor sounds like crap through open headers or straight pipes..so find some non-restrictive mufflers to throw on there..
my car is not even close to be stock i have and h pipe i want to put my cut out in my h-pipe, then i would un cap the cut outs when i am at the track

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
if you only ran 13.2 its pretty stock..i considered my gt40 set-up pretty basic..like mildly modified..and i ran 12.86...but thats not the point...so ur gunna run an h-pipe into normal exhuast and have cut-outs to make open exhuast for the track? ok....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
when you are young you want you slow car to sound loud. When you get older you want your fast car to sound quiet.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
when you are young you want you slow car to sound loud. When you get older you want your fast car to sound quiet.
well im young..and i like the more aggressive muscle sound...not blaring loud sound...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
scrap the cut outs and get 3 inch exhaust, it'll be loud but not annoying , i used to be the guy running the big block chevelle with open headers on the street, ( yeah i used to get tickets ) but now that i'm in my 30s i just find open headers annoying , i've got a flowmaster 3 inch exhaust and i love it

http://www.youtube.com/v/HcD354133Ac&rel=1

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Imo the best sound for a car is a big cam thru quiet mufflers. sounds like tapping your fingertips on an empty beer can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts