Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone thought would sound best on my 65 mustang. It is a 302 4 barrel with large cam. It has glasspacks on it now but no xpipe. On my old 66 mustang i just went strait pipe from the longtube headers into flows. Sounded awsome but i was wondering if i could go longtubes into bassani xpipe into flowmasters. Would this sound best or just go strait pipe

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine are straight pipes, I love it. Though, I don't have the headers yet =(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol im going strait pipe now with the glasspacks. If i dont like it then i will go to 2 chamber flows. But i think bassani xpipe might sound badass. maybe a prochamber

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a 73 with headers going in to a straight pipe with two turbo mufflers. the sound is low so you wont get pulled over but when you give it some gas it sounds amazing, although i really dont have a problem with back pressure, i mean it sounds pretty even to me. so that is my input on the matter.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I want some new mufflers when the snow melts what are the best type for classics. Not brand but like just type.

badly asked question

·
Registered
207 Posts
why do mine now make a nice low grrr but then when you get going faster than 20 they become almost silent from the outside?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts