Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know their are numerous Exhuast questions out their, but my question is what do you guys think of this setup? Flowmaster American Thunder Catback Exhaust, BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers, and BBK Off-Road Shorty H-Pipe. Once I get paid in like 2 weeks I plan on ordering the Thunder Catback exhaust first. Thanks for all the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i've got the american thunder catback and it drones real bad around 2k rpms, but you might be ok since you have a convertible. i've never ridden in a vert so i don't know how loud they are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the air noise is kinda bad; not bad that you want to blow up the car lol, but it should be good enough to drone out any drone noise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have weld-in flows and the drone at 2k drives me nuts. Im ordering my hpipe soon and im thinking about changing out my mufflers for something different. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard that Bassani (spelling I'm sure is incorrect) is a really good exhaust to go with but with that comes the price. $700 I think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have weld-in flows and the drone at 2k drives me nuts. Im ordering my hpipe soon and im thinking about changing out my mufflers for something different. Any recommendations?
Straight through mufflers will really cut down on drone. A cheap muffler change would be to swap to pipes m-80 mufflers or SSS adrenalines. Both go for 50 bucks a muffler. Please, do yourself a favor and stick with a catted midpipe. If you must go offroad, get a prochamber, to retain at least some sound quality.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Straight through mufflers will really cut down on drone. A cheap muffler change would be to swap to pipes m-80 mufflers or SSS adrenalines. Both go for 50 bucks a muffler. Please, do yourself a favor and stick with a catted midpipe. If you must go offroad, get a prochamber, to retain at least some sound quality.
Who sells the SSS mufflers?

wait nm,I dont like the way the SSS mufflers sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts