Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went the a local shop that would cutt my bumper cut outs. he says he can do it but he recommends on not doing dual exhaust because of the fuel lines on the passenger side and he says tha piping will be very tight. i have heard i would need to move my lines? is this true? if so where and how do i move them?

CUTT SPRINGS:

I also asked what he thought of cutting the springs and he was all against that.
what after marketsprings are there that are stiff and brings the car down a lttle? w/o tires issues?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
everyone thinks cutting springs is terrible, in reality if you dont overdo it than your safe. H & R super sports will lower your car alot and make it handle more aggressively. Ford C springs are a good option for a moderate drop. Both cutting and new springs will need an alignment or your tires will wear. As for the exhuast just have it hang below the bumper if they cant put the tips in the location you want, but I think the cutouts should work.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The exhaust should be no different underneath then the gt, so I don know what he is talking about.

regarding the springs not alot of shops will cut stock springs, because it changes the spring rate and if it were to cause an accident they could be held liable.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I think you need to find a new shop. I have dual exhaust out the rear and I don't believe my fuel lines needed to be moved nor did the piping have to be "very tight." For the springs, get an angle grinder and cut them yourself. To me it sounds like the guy you talked to doesn't want to do any custom work.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hes a older guy with experiece..he said he was giving me advice lik i was his own son...sooo idk? It makes sence but evrybody has dualexhaust

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Well hes a older guy with experiece..he said he was giving me advice lik i was his own son...sooo idk? It makes sence but evrybody has dualexhaust
Cutting springs is ghetto and cheap. Get actual lowering springs and new shocks (koni).

As to the duals he is wrong and was just worried about the line sagging and touching the hot exhaust.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You may end up having to do the cutouts yourself then have a shop do the exhaust and line the tips up in the cutouts.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
What Alex said.

Cutting springs in not the right way to go. It will affect the drive-ability of your vehicle, the ride comfort, and the handling in a negative way all around. If you want to do something, do it right.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Those fuel "lines" are actually the fuel filler neck. Its made of metal and covered in a plastic heat shield, which is also identical in the GT. So hes just plain wrong

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i am so ****ing tired of hearing people bitch about how bad cutting springs are...do it yourself then come back to see me with your new answer...oh and if you've done it and it didn't turn out right...that's you own problem. figure out what you did wrong and fix it ;)

my v6 drove on cut springs...drove great, took corners great, and has run the dragon on many occasions...and on my GT at the 1/4 it shifted weight great just like F8L told me it would...guess what cut springs are a great affordable mod for someone wanting to get the perfect stance they want :yes, and wanting a good spring for drag racing.

if someone here wants to buy aftermarket springs that is fine and dandy, but please do not push people away from cutting because you may dislike the idea. After the person has studied both options they should be able to make their desicion on that basis...NOT on someone saying that it's ghetto or ****.

Now for the original post about the exhaust shop....find a new shop and don't do bumper cutouts. at least IMO they don't look good...sry mcqueen lol

and friends

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i know your reasons mcqueen..which is why i've never busted your balls. between the two options you chose the right one...at least until you find a cobra rear right :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
i know your reasons mcqueen..which is why i've never busted your balls. between the two options you chose the right one...at least until you find a cobra rear right :D
Haha I've already got the Termi front bumper that needs to get painted, might as well get the rear :p

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
the fuel lines are not in the way, i was just down there changing my pump and filter and there is plenty of room. And as mentioned above its the same on a GT which has duals from the factory.

Time to find a new shop.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts