Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 V6 with dual flowmasters. When I'm driving the exhaust sounds pretty good but when I'm at a stand stiil or ideling its very quiet. I was wondering, is this just because its a V6, no headers or any other reason? How can I make it louder?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
If you have a handheld tuner, you can raise your idle rpm's, which will make it louder because more you will be putting out more exhaust.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have a 2000 V6 with dual flowmasters. When I'm driving the exhaust sounds pretty good but when I'm at a stand stiil or ideling its very quiet. I was wondering, is this just because its a V6, no headers or any other reason? How can I make it louder?
what type of midpipe do you have? H-pipe?

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
If you have a handheld tuner, you can raise your idle rpm's, which will make it louder because more you will be putting out more exhaust.
waste of gas right there...dont do that....if you want louder, take out the cats and add some longtube headers. thats the only way you are gonna easily make it louder..

but yes it is a v6 its not gonna have the rumble of a v8 ever in its lifetime

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
yea some cams sound good, others sound like a tractor, either way no v8 sound. v6 will always sound like a v6 and thats just the way it is....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts