Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have an exhaust system on my 2000, duel flowmasters, but I do not know if I have true 40's and I want my stang to sound its best. So how can I tell if I have true 40's and do exhaust tips really make a difference in sound?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i dissagree with this...i had no tips and true dual exhaust...last month i had 14"x3.5" tips put on the car...it has made the car louder in both idle and when i gun it...at for the OPs question...read the muffler maybe...my old flow 40s were stamped...and my thrushs now are stamped
i also have had tips and no tips... there was no difference at all in my sound... the length of the tips may play into it also, but on my car and others ive seen with and without tips, there was no difference

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dissagree with this...i had no tips and true dual exhaust...last month i had 14"x3.5" tips put on the car...it has made the car louder in both idle and when i gun it...at for the OPs question...read the muffler maybe...my old flow 40s were stamped...and my thrushs now are stamped

Thanks bro i will look into that and worse comes to worse taje it to an exhaust shop and ask them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1....true.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
I already have an exhaust system on my 2000, duel flowmasters, but I do not know if I have true 40's and I want my stang to sound its best. So how can I tell if I have true 40's and do exhaust tips really make a difference in sound?
As you can see depends on the length, I putted 5inch long tips and the sound was the same....

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i had no tips, just 2 1/4 inch pipes, then put on 8 x 4 inch tips... no difference in the sound but it looked wayyy better. it was too quiet so i cut off the pipes right behind the mufflers an faked out the tips in the rear. sounds a lil better... cant wait to redo my exhaust with mac LT's, mac prochamber, and thrush welded mufflers

·
Registered
444 Posts
thrush welded all the way. side exhaust on my 6. then when i swapped in the 4.6 best muffler ever

1 - 13 of 13 Posts