Votes: 28 87.5%
  • turn downs

Votes: 4 12.5%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so idk what to do. So in about to get a true dual exhaust should I get tips or turn downs?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
tips
turn downs dont look good imo

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
hold on

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
different year i know but...
tips

no tips

:no

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
tips under the new edge bumper dont look bad, turn downs are kool if you cant see them, I say dump off the muffler

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
just go bigger pipe and tips
every new edge i've seen around here has like stock pipe size and tiny tips and it looks :gay

·
Registered
811 Posts
ii have turndowns and i must say i don't like them
get tips

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
it looks really good. That's what I would have if I had your car
$750 worth to you? lol
but yeah thats the only way to go on the s197's it just doesn't look right to cut out the other side of the bumper

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
dump it right after the muffler like GF said. if you want it to look good with tips youll be getting a gt or aftermarket rear bumper or making cut outs. dump it dude..

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Tips look 10x better. It would be even better with a GT bumper, but tips under the bumper would still look good...much better than turn downs. I have tips under my bumper. However mine is an SN95...so that it what the stock cobra and GT have too.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea I mean I really want tips but I don't want to get like a whole new bumper to because then I would have to get new lettering and the bottoms black thing. I mean maybe I could if I sold one pair of rims but thats not goin to well right now. Cause I don't think the rents will let me since I go to college next year.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It depends. The exhaust kit I got from flowmaster had tips already on it. You can probably find some good ones for $30 a piece but you'll need to look around. You can also talk to your exhaust shop. I'm sure they'll have a variety of tips for you to chose from. However, it will usually be cheaper to buy your tips elsewhere. BTW...I saw a new edge the other day with tips under the bumper. It doesn't look bad at all. I do prefer the GT bumper look for your car though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts