Modded Mustang Forums banner

Exhaust Upgrade...

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Cgross609 
#1 ·
So, i've been looking for a reliable exhaust manufacturer, so that i can buy some new pipes for my car... I am looking to y it off into duals, to give it that classic mustang look. The slant cut SS tips out the back. But i cannot find any manufacturers of this style of exhaust online or elsewhere. Anyone have any recommendations on where i should look?

I found these puppies on Summit, But they are supposed to be fit for a ranger. Not a little old mustang... Unless the tailpipe bends are the same...
Summit Racing SUM-680016 - Summit Racing® Deep-Tone Dual Exhaust Systems - Application - SummitRacing.com

#2 ·
try std cat back system and have a exhaust shop build from the manifold to cat back portion. from experience you will not get as good of performance as a single 3" system(although mine was turboed) I ran a 4" down pipe to a single 3" straight pipe(just after the waste gate) NO muffler ran a LOT stronger than the duel system... and w/turbo was reasonably quiet untill I stood on it hard!!

#3 ·
Yeah see the problem is that i am running on N/A... SO i dont need a big 3" pipe... Ah well. May have to buy from stinger and peice together a kit...

#4 ·
OK. So Rockauto may be the messiah. I need someone's opinion and fast. WOULD THIS WORK???

AP EXHAUST Part # 28319 Exhaust Pipe (Only 12 Remaining)
Center Pipe;OE system was a welded assembly. Replace All Required Parts
+
WALKER Part # 45903 If Welded Assembly, Replace All Required Parts; 2.25" inlet/outlet Diameter
Dynomax; 2 1/4 Inch System; LH; All Aluminized Steel Pipe
+
WALKER Part # 45902 If Welded Assembly, Replace All Required Parts
Dynomax; 2 1/4 Inch System; RH; All Aluminized Steel Pipe

And finally...
WALKER Part # 43982 Y Pipe; Reversed
Dynomax; 2 1/4 Inch System; Stock O.E. Type Pipe

All this you can find in Rockauto parts catalog under 86 SVO. The centre pipe is from the 93 mustang lx catalog.

All this for under 200 bucks + shipping. SO WOULD IT WORK?

#5 ·
so why are you running dual exhaust again? just for looks?

the 5.0 LX tailpipes and mufflers will fit, just make sure you get some RH hanger brackets and biscuits since there are none on the car now.

#6 ·
Yeah just for looks. The thing is, Rob, that i cannot find a decent y pipe for cheap. And i was thinking that those walker ones would be right because they have the chrome SS tip. I was also wondering if the SVO Y pipe is kinda strange to fit under the car... It looks strange compared to other Y pipes.

#7 ·
I believe the walker pipes don't have the SS tip - they are just aluminized steel all the way to the end (it's what I have on my '91).

there is a 5.0 y-pipe too for pre 86 5.0's, as well as the T-bird turbo - i am not sure which one would serve you best.

#8 ·
Yeah the y pipe for the 2000 3.8 looks like a better deal. May get that rather than the SVO one. Any info on what sorta system you had? Was it a custom made system?

#9 ·
ok - i woke up from my last post... ignore the 5.0 and 3.8 y pipes - they are a 2to1 pipe and you want the turbo 4 2to2 pipe. stick with a turbo tbird or svo mustang.

my system on the '91 is a ranger header, 2.25" cat, 5.0 sound sfx muffler and 5.0 LX tailpipe. The pipes ahead of the muffler were custom bent at the muffler shop that did the install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.