Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which H pipe?

Which H pipe is the best to buy? I've only seen the Pypes O/R H and the summit racing O/R H. Is there any better? Or would one of these do? I'm about to pull the trigger on mac axlebacks and an O/R H. Thanks guys

·
Registered
91 Posts
the pypes h is actually a great midpipe, i've been running it for about a year and haven't had any problems with it.

the fit wasnt bad either as some other people have said

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
personally i'd wait on a midpipe till you're ready to do lt's also. you'll have to buy a new midpipe when you add lt's. however when i originally added slp loudmouths i replaced my stock H with an frpp X. only reason i changed was because of horrible drone with just the slp's.

there are quite a few choices for midpipes. if you like an old school deeper throaty sound do the H or a prochamber.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wont be doing headers any time soon. So the midpide is gonna be my next buy lol. I've just read about some problems about the pypes but they seem pretty great from my understanding

·
Registered
69 Posts
BBK LT Headers, what mid pipes?

I just recently purchased a set of BBK LT headers and currently have Flowmaster American Thunder Axle backs. What I am looking to get is a deep tone exhaust note. Have been considering going with Mac Prochamber. Also going to use Hi-Flow cats with it. Any suggestions on other mid-pipes that may get a deep tone?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I was under the understanding that you had to use a matching mid pipe with what ever header you go with. ex jba header and jba mid pipe or in your case bbk headers and mid pipe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was under the understanding that you had to use a matching mid pipe with what ever header you go with. ex jba header and jba mid pipe or in your case bbk headers and mid pipe.
+1.... each brand of header has its own specifications as far as width, depth and collector type. I tried using a different brand mid-pipe on my old bbk headers that I ran on a 00 model and it turned into a cutting/welding adventure. Just go with the bbk mid-pipe to bypass any extra headaches

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have JBA long tube headers and an H-pipe with Flowmaster American thunder mufflers. I am getting a raspy sound but I want a deeper tone. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix the issue. I have had some people tel me to just change the mufflers, but I am not sure.

·
10,234 Posts
+1 only way to use prochamber is by getting the prochamber and cutting it into a bbk midpipe or having a shop do some welding work to make a mac prochamber midpipe fit with your bbk's. would be easier to return/sell your bbk lt's and get mac lt's

·
10,234 Posts
strange you're getting a lot of rasp with an H. is it an o/r H or a catted H. mufflers can change everything.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If its on o/r maybe you can fix the rasp by adding some high flow cats or resonators. Goodluck! Post a vid so we know what were dealing with. Could be rattling in your exhaust or a leak as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well if you're not plannin on lt's anytime soon the pypes h-pipe couple with the mid muffler system sounds f***ing amazing.

Granted I'm a little biased since that is what I'm running. It is really deep and doesn't drone at all buuuut when you hit that go pedal it sounds like a monster

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
+1 on adding resonators or cats. Also make sure you don't have an exhaust leak somewhere.

·
I like when it's shiny.
1,768 Posts
I have the same long tubes and axle back with the catted X pipe from BBK. You will never get the sound your looking for with the x pipe.

Uninstalling your LT's and selling them for the Macs seems like a lot of work and lost money. Cut in a prochamber and be happy.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Searching for a certain exhaust sound can be costly.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts