Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've asked alot of questions about exhaust but is it worth 450 bucks to get a SSS terminator catback for my 99 gt or should I got the cheaper route with flowmaster mufflers for 200 installed I just want cheap loud rumbly throaty exhaust cheap and I don't know much about exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

·
_
3,782 Posts
Its all for sound when dealing with the catback. Unless your comparing a chambered muff to a str8 through like a borla stinger, thats a diff story.

A cheap, loud, runbly, throaty exhaust would be an off-road h-pipe for cheap from anyone excpet BBK. And some sort of chambered muffler like Flows. The more chambers, the deeper the tone.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I got a pair of used magnaflows for 80 welded in with the stock h pipe and it sounds pretty good, when you are cruising its pretty mellow, but it gets really loud when you give it some gas...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
are you wanting a loud exhaust? if so go o/r x and super 10 series flows. 10 series are street legal but recommended for o/r use only:D

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I know I've asked alot of questions about exhaust but is it worth 450 bucks to get a SSS terminator catback for my 99 gt or should I got the cheaper route with flowmaster mufflers for 200 installed I just want cheap loud rumbly throaty exhaust cheap and I don't know much about exhaust
99Mustanggt27,
What do you see as the benefits of the more expensive system? Flowmaster products offer great sound and a limited lifetime warranty. If it's a loud, rumbling Mustang you want, Flowmasters are well known as a great option.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
long tubes, O/R H, and MAC catback.....game over :yes sounds like a damn nascar at full tilt lol
-my dyno vid :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts