Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone... I am swapping out my American thunder kit it's been 15 years with flows time for a change. I'm now exhaust shopping I held off through the summer. I kind of narrowed it down to MAC flow paths, pipes violators, Spintechs but I can't find where to buy them? Im looking for a aggressive sound but not a crappy tin sound. I have a tick flow top end, shorties and a off road h pipe. I don't want a glass pack sound though. Just deep rumble... Any thoughts? Suggestions? I saw American muscle has spl loudmouths? It's so hard because I'll be stuck for like 3 years. I read some bad articles on violators that the rust? I thought they were stainless? Well please share ideas if you will. I'm hoping some places have some coupon codes for xmas.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I saw American muscle has spl loudmouths
Yes we do have SLP Loudmouths for your Car! After having Flowmaster for 15 years I guarantee you that you'll be extremely happy with the SLP. This is a very opinionated question, but SLP is definitely my personal favorite exhaust system!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance with this! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Isn't SLP glass packed like most straight through mufflers?

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
OP, I have the exact same setup as you same top end, same headers, same h-pipe. I have magnaflow magnapacks(part number 10426) dumped, and they are awesome. Very low pitch at idle and cruising and not to loud until you drop the hammer then they friggin scream. WOT is eargasmic.

Wish I had a sound clip for you but i finished my build just in time to hide it from the snow
BTW I trashed the flowmasters that were on it and never looked back

Magnaflow FTMFW

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is correct im not looking for that glass pack sound so Im not sure on the loudmouths. I did look on youtube but there is hardly any with the fox body's. Even the Pypes viloator's there is any videos with the fox's...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm Magnapacks I will have to check them out...Are they the same muffler that come sin the cat back kit?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Yes that is correct im not looking for that glass pack sound so Im not sure on the loudmouths. I did look on youtube but there is hardly any with the fox body's. Even the Pypes viloator's there is any videos with the fox's...
Dude dont buy the pypes violators, they suck so bad. I had them on my car with an x pipe and they kept getting louder and louder and sounded like ****. Plus, I didn't even have them for a year and they were blown. Changed them out to flowmasters. Plus the figment on pypes products sucks ass.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Hmmm Magnapacks I will have to check them out...Are they the same muffler that come sin the cat back kit?
About the same they are round instead of oval. I really am surprised how mellow they are under light throttle considering they are straight through design

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
MAC is hands down the best in your list. I prefer their sound. PM me, I might be able to help with getting you a setup at a good price.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Slp loudmouths are my personal favorite

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the almost the same top end as you, exhaust wise I have longtubes and offroad x. I went with the Mac Pro-dumps and I love them. Real deep rumble at idle and cruise and pure ear sex at wot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you recommend swapping the shorties for long tubes? For strictly sound quality...which means I would have to buy a new mid so swapping from shorties would cost around $500 is the sound difference worth the extra $$.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
It will sound a little better and net you a few ponies as well but that's a lotta coin

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
For the MAC dumps how's the drone inside at highway speeds?
I'd like to know this too. Getting rid of my flows. Getting MAC...the Flows are soooo droney. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa at 65-70mph. I had to run pipes out the back, it was terrible

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
That's what I was thinking....is it worth the extra $$$
That depends on where 500 bucks sits on your 'worth it' scale

I say if you are only interested in sound it won't be worth it. If you could use a few more horses pick up a set of 1 3/4" long tubes.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
If you plan on doing any decent engine mods such as heads and cam swap then those long tubes will be more worth it in the long run but if your sticking to stock then the longtime swap won't be worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did the longtubes because I went to tf 170 heads. It doesn't have much drone at all. In my opinion the longtubes and mid pipe were well worth the money.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts