Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin what would be the best setup if i kept my stock headers n cats, for the purpose of emmisions, what kinda setup can i run with that, can i still do an h pipe or not?

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
yes...custom fabbed hpipe and some sort of cat back...u could just get an exhaust shop to build it and put in whatever mufflers u want...thas the way to go

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok what kinda $ would i be lookin at if i did a custom h pipe n magna packs with 12x3 in. tips?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ok what kinda $ would i be lookin at if i did a custom h pipe n magna packs with 12x3 in. tips?
the price of the magna pacs+ tips + what the shop would charge to fabe it up.
for the shop maby 100- 200 doller range.
the rest you would need to research

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
the price of the magna pacs+ tips + what the shop would charge to fabe it up.
for the shop maby 100- 200 doller range.
the rest you would need to research
to do a full exhaust its gonna be a lil more than that...prolly like 350+ somewhere right around there...hit up the search theres billions of topics on this

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
please dont buy magnapacks for your v6, they dont even sound good on a 2v or 4v v8, ive heard them in person there loud on a v6 but sound like garbage, do yourself a favor and get MAC or flowmaster 40s or super 40s for the best sound

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
no straight thru mufflers sound good on a v6 IMO but to each his own
+1 very much, dude get some flows or MAC, they sound sooo much better on a v6, ive had flowmaster 40s super 44s, super 40s on my v6 and i went back to the 40s everytime, i tried some of my friends MAC mufflers out on my v6 and liked the 40s more, as i did for magnaflows and i like the 40s ALOT more. go with flowmaster 40s and youll be happy, if you would buy a set of 40s and a set of magnaflows and try them both out, id bet 100 bucks youd send the magnaflows back with a smile on your face

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No man i know what i like, the mac n flowmaster give a sound kinda like a v8 mustang, but the magnapacks give more of a sound like a 350z or sumthin, n i like dat sound alot better!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
No man i know what i like, the mac n flowmaster give a sound kinda like a v8 mustang, but the magnapacks give more of a sound like a 350z or sumthin, n i like dat sound alot better!
rasp??? it is a problem on most imports thats why guys get resonators, but if you like that sound, go with a glass pack or a cherry bomb you'll get that high pitch rasp you want and save yourself some cash

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the magnapacks i heard weren't raspy. I don't want it to be raspy. I just liked the magnapacks that i heard, n AB has magna packs n he likes em.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
the magnapacks i heard weren't raspy. I don't want it to be raspy. I just liked the magnapacks that i heard, n AB has magna packs n he likes em.
so you just want the higher pitch? IMO magnapack are raspy thats why i didnt get them

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dunno i have just watched lots of different exhaust clips n i have liked all the magnaflow exhausts sound better than any of the mac or flowmaster sounds. I know that the exhaust clips don't sound ideal, but i figured if i like all the magnaflow exhaust clips better than all the mac n flowmaster clips i will like the manganaflow exhaust better.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I dunno i have just watched lots of different exhaust clips n i have liked all the magnaflow exhausts sound better than any of the mac or flowmaster sounds. I know that the exhaust clips don't sound ideal, but i figured if i like all the magnaflow exhaust clips better than all the mac n flowmaster clips i will like the manganaflow exhaust better.
i mean get what you like, im not trying to deter you im just trying to give suggestions

·
Registered
458 Posts
I went with the Flows with an h-pipe. I couldn't be happier. Personally, I don't like the idea of my American car sounding like an Asian import, but to each his own.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dunno i mean my car has duals on it now n it sound ok but its not very loud its only loud at like 2000 - 2300 rpms n then at way higher rpms, but i dunno maybe i should just keep what i got cuz it don't sound bad, but i have no clue what it is.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I dunno i mean my car has duals on it now n it sound ok but its not very loud its only loud at like 2000 - 2300 rpms n then at way higher rpms, but i dunno maybe i should just keep what i got cuz it don't sound bad, but i have no clue what it is.
get under the car and look

1 - 20 of 31 Posts