Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a full exhaust. From headers all the way to the axle-backs. I know I'm getting the FRPP Stingers.

-Where's the best price for the FRPP Stingers?
- Do the headers come with gaskets or do I have to buy them separate?
--If so, where do I get them

I really like American Racing Headers (ARH) w/ catted H......American Racing 05-08 GT 1 5/8" Headers w/Catted Mid Pipe [ARH-4000-2] - $1,394.00

I'm also getting Ford Racing Stage8 headers bolts....Ford Racing 96-08 4.6L/5.4L Stage 8 Header Bolts [M-9432-A54] - $60.00

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a clip of the exhaust

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Ouch $1400 for headers and mid pipe. You can get it done a heck of alot cheaper but if you are set on them.... Usualy headers will come with gaskets but I would see if Percy gaskets makes a set for the 3v. They are great gaskets and they are pretty much blow proof and reuseable.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kooks LT are $100 cheaper

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a full exhaust. From headers all the way to the axle-backs. I know I'm getting the FRPP Stingers.

-Where's the best price for the FRPP Stingers?
- Do the headers come with gaskets or do I have to buy them separate?
--If so, where do I get them

I really like American Racing Headers (ARH) w/ catted H......American Racing 05-08 GT 1 5/8" Headers w/Catted Mid Pipe [ARH-4000-2] - $1,394.00

I'm also getting Ford Racing Stage8 headers bolts....Ford Racing 96-08 4.6L/5.4L Stage 8 Header Bolts [M-9432-A54] - $60.00

E-gay. Usually about 400+ 30 shipping. Just dont buy from Blue Oval Industries.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called LethalPerformance and the ARH LT dont come with header gaskets. Where can I get some and which are the good ones

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question. Once everything is hooked up do I have to take it somewhere to check for leaks or is it fine

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Another question. Once everything is hooked up do I have to take it somewhere to check for leaks or is it fine

As long as you know what your doing, and you make sure everything is sealed tight, then you should be fine. And you can always start the car after and listen for any leaks. If you find any, just use some High-Temp Gasket Sealer, or if you have a Torch you can do it that way as well.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
dont yall use the factory ford gasket's? screw aftermarket gasket imo....

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I would get the Kooks then. They are the best Headers imo, it's just that they are very costly, but if your gonna spend the money on American Racing Headers anyway, then I say go with Kooks. The sound won't be that much different, if at all different.

I think he already bought them. are those arh full length long tubes, if so then the kooks would be easier.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he already bought them. are those arh full length long tubes, if so then the kooks would be easier.
No I haven't bought them yet. Just getting some info before I buy them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Again please save your money... The factory gaskets are the best ones you can use, and get. Everything else is usually paper, so just reuse the factory gaskets. I've had no problems with mine. Headers are very difficult to put on our cars, so be ready to work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts