Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exhost pops and I loose power in 4th gear once I hit 130, it's fine in every other gear. My other problem is I'm loosing clutch pressure when I hold the clutch down to long. And it started after I replaced the clutch, flywheel, and hydrolic throw out berring. What could cause this to happen

·
Registered
978 Posts
^that makes a little more sense!! i was wondering this myself, 4th gear at 130!! LOL

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
you guys have apparently never opened up with 3.31s. its very doable

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
you guys have apparently never opened up with 3.31s. its very doable
no way, even with 3:31s, should the OP be sitting at 3500 rpm @ 130mph...im at around 6200rpm with effectively 3:90s because of my tire size...no way in hell it is that different.

he would be able to go over 150mph in 4th if that were true..

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
maybe not the 3500rpm part but 130 in 4th is very doable. ive buried it in 4th with 3.31s.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I definitely believe that, but the suggested rpms are not believable at that speed

·
Registered
662 Posts
130+ mph is no probem in 4th, but the 3500rpm got me baffled too. Maybe he's running 2.90 gears? :D

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
If your story is correct, and I find it a little hard to believe, you are probably having some spark issues associated with heat build up. What type of tune or power adder are you running?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What I really want to know is how loud is this popping if you can hear it at 130 mph in 4th gear...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts