Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know a few of you have been helping me get back in the detailing world..so thanks in advance :D

It turned out I did NOT have M105 or M205. I know for sure I had bought m105 but gave up looking for it after half an hour.

I decided I'll try to work with what I had.

I used

Medium Cut Cleaner (meguiars) with Cyan pad
Swirl Remover (meguiars) with Tangerine pad
Machine Glaze (meguiars) with Blue pad

Washed/Claybarred and then:

I properly applied the product on the pads as suggested before.

For the compound, I did a few passes on 6.

For the polish, I did 5-6 passes on 6.

For the finishing polish, I did 5-6 passes on 6.

I used the Body Wrap sealant after I was done.

When I was done, I felt like I had made it worse. When I looked closely, I could see the micro swirls/scratches.

I went back and did some passes with the Swirl Remover. I could tell the paint wasn't hazy anymore and it looked actually better.

I think I was actually making it worse by using the finish polish (Machine Glaze). I tried doing it on 4 and not so much pressure, but I still noticed the micro swirls so I went back and did the Swirl Remover again.

For the sake of experimenting, I tried Menzerna Power lock on a Blue pad. I read/heard that Menzerna Powerlock was like a Polish/Sealant in one step kind of thing....but did not get any results. It still looked hazy. So I re-did the swirl remover again...once again gaining back the deep wet look.

Even with the swirl remover, I could still see some imperfections. Like micro swirls but not as visible as when I did the Machine Glaze.

I tried taking pictures but it wouldn't come out as how I saw it in person...here are some but really you can't even tell:

But the Body Wrap sealant is working well tho! haha

Before -> After

Here are just some of the products I have. Lots of goodies in the box and more in the container under the box:

What do you guys think? I could tell whatever I did worked...but just not as much as I wanted it to be. I am thinking I might have to go more aggressive...pretty much going with the m105-m205 combo. Will need to go shopping tho.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
m105 is the tried and true compound. I would only use it on your first correction if its needed tho, once you get the bad stuff out and maintain your ride you wont need anything that aggressive man. I have just recently become re-acquainted with Chemical Guys Optical Polish line and its really impressive. The compounds have alot of cut but the clean up is 1 tenth as bad as 105. Just a thought.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...emical-guys-hybrid-optical-polish-review.html

Oh and in my experience Menzerna SF4500- the way to go on black, finishes perfectly. Next time i do my mach im correcting with V36/white pad and finishing with SF4500/blue pad.

Also look into BuffnShine pads, they are very durable and are great on corners/edges.

Or course, all the goodies sonic mentioned are comparable, im just throwing out other options.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I have now tried BnS pads and Hydrotechs and I can honestly say I like the results from the Cyan pads but I cannot stand that they just don't last very long compared to any other pads I have.

m105 = win if it really needs a correction
Carpro Fixer = great for keeping the car up or if the paint doesn't need a full blown correction.

Eventually I will buy some Menzerna sf4500 and probably do something like Fixer and sf4500 but right now the finish from 205 is insanely clear.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I have now tried BnS pads and Hydrotechs and I can honestly say I like the results from the Cyan pads but I cannot stand that they just don't last very long compared to any other pads I have.

m105 = win if it really needs a correction
Carpro Fixer = great for keeping the car up or if the paint doesn't need a full blown correction.

Eventually I will buy some Menzerna sf4500 and probably do something like Fixer and sf4500 but right now the finish from 205 is insanely clear.
Bro check out V36 too that stuff has alot of cut and finishes SUPER good. Im gonna play around with it on my mach 1 around Christmas and see how it does on black followed by SF4500. A white pad and v36 did a MIRACLE on my corollas trunk in 1 step, i was like :shitbrick I posted a video about it lol

me and Vader are swaping some of his fixer for my v36, im going to do a 1 step polish comparison between the 2 i think.

Oh and BTW, when you get SF4500, compound and polish a whole panel finishing with 205, then tape it down the middle and finish one side further with sf4500. Then turn ALL THE LIGHTS off except for the LED flashlight on your phone, pull the tape, and then look back and forth between the 2, youll see a definite difference in clarity. 205 finishes great, but sf4500 is perfection in a bottle. You wont regret it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts