Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So turns out the rear end I had my eye on :)D) is apparently out of a ford explorer not a mustang. Will an 8.8 out of a 2000 explorer bolt up to our cars??

·
Registered
977 Posts
So turns out the rear end I had my eye on :)D) is apparently out of a ford explorer not a mustang. Will an 8.8 out of a 2000 explorer bolt up to our cars??
Nope. Will need to be modded.
  • Explorers use leaf springs - Stangs have coil springs
  • The Mustang uses upper and lower control arms. The upper control arms attach to the pumpkin and the lowers attach to the axle and contain the spring perch.
  • Shock locations are different.
You'll be doing some hefty welding to make it work and not worth it. Best bet is to find a trashed 99-04 GT.

Mustang rear:

Explorer Rear:

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
like i said in your other post you made about this, the only thing you can use from the explorer rear end is the diff

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses guys.. @F8L I made my own post before I realized there was another out there already similar

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
no prob man. i saw the other one way before this one

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nope. Will need to be modded.
  • Explorers use leaf springs - Stangs have coil springs
  • The Mustang uses upper and lower control arms. The upper control arms attach to the pumpkin and the lowers attach to the axle and contain the spring perch.
  • Shock locations are different.
You'll be doing some hefty welding to make it work and not worth it. Best bet is to find a trashed 99-04 GT.

Mustang rear:

Explorer Rear:

holy beefcakes fordman that explorer its jackedddd! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts