Modded Mustang Forums banner

321 - 340 of 371 Posts

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Yep- looks like he is alive, but injured from last night. He was hiding in a boat, under its cover.

Fox News is reporting the owner of the boat went in his back yard to check on things and found a blood trail leading to his boat, the called authorities.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
the next person i see on facebook saying the government did this is going to get my foot so far up their ass.. i cant even believe the amount of people saying **** like this, ive already gotten into like 3 arguments because evidently i have some not so intelligent fb friends.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
The government was behind it. Kids mother said so.

:shiftyeyes

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some nefarious government plot but I would have to see more than I have so far in that regard to begin sailing that ship.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Here is a thinker to all of you who despise all "Muslims and Islamists". Many crimes are committed with guns and people have been killed. People claim that despite these incidents, the government should not infringe on our rights despite the possible fact that guns may cause a lot of unneeded deaths. This is no difference. Despite the possible fact that a high number of these incidents with bombings and terrorism might be "Muslims and Islamists", why should the innocent Muslims and Islamists have to suffer for the crimes of the few. It's the exact same argument that a lot of conservatives use for guns who also have a tendency of despising foreign people. Hypocrisy at its finest!
I see a difference here... Do note the below is my personal view:

While this holds true to the extent that guns / islamists can be good or bad, and the minority falls in the bad category, guns have no way to speak out for themselves.

While faith has nothing to do with your own actions in condoning this or not (I trust a lot of muslims will be among those that follow the majority of the US people in convicting the bombing), there is no real statement from Islam as a whole faith speaking up and condemning this.

There's a lot of imams that preach hate. Is there a majority of religious leaders or imams that publically denounce this hate? No. Well, other then stating that Islam at it's core is a tolerant religion.
9/11? Was done (atleast partially) out of Islamic reasons. Did Islam as a faith convict this? Not that I know of.
This bombing? If Islam has a hand in it (not yet proven), would Islam as a faith convict it? Doubtful.

In short, Islam seems to remain mostly quiet, in the apparent hopes that these terrorist actions continue.

So where there is an active gun debate going on with pros and cons, there is no such debate within the Islamic believe, and there's only really hate preaching. Muslims seem to be complacent in how things are, and that terrorism is apparently a basic component of Islam. In the faith not speaking out in force against terrorism, they silently condone it to continue and let hate be preached.

What makes a lot of people condemn Islam is the apparent opposites that exist within the faith. It's preached to be a tolerant religion, but at the same time the religion allows for the believers to kill the non-believers, which is a total opposite from tolerance.

I'm not saying this is true for the believe as a whole, but I do feel that terroristic actions are silently approved by the Islam faith as a whole. Which is why they'll most likely continue...

As to the guy. Read this morning he was caught, tho in serious condition. I hope he lives so we and the families of the victims can get some answers as to why.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Just making a point, and I used quotations because the claiming of all "Islamists and Muslims" is not my belief. I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Why couldn't you just stick to the topic or atleast congratulate Boston!!!! For what they have been thru no you have to bring the religion card in..... Then quote I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or dis agreeing. That **** burns me up

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Its not like the pro gov't people would make the conspiracies...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
True, but in this case, there is no evidence at all that suggest the government did it. That being said, people will still blame the government. Anybody who believes in this conspiracy theory is just ignorant. The bombers family is saying they talked about the bombing before they did it.

It is rude and disrespectful to the victims to create false stories about the bombing.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
True, but in this case, there is no evidence at all that suggest the government did it. That being said, people will still blame the government. Anybody who believes in this conspiracy theory is just ignorant. The bombers family is saying they talked about the bombing before they did it.

It is rude and disrespectful to the victims to create false stories about the bombing.
Thank you. I WISH the news media would get this. And whether a story is maliciously false or is false through errant or unprofessional journalism is irrelevant. It's all the same disrespect to the victims.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Thank you. I WISH the news media would get this. And whether a story is maliciously false or is false through errant or unprofessional journalism is irrelevant. It's all the same disrespect to the victims.
The media's coverage of this event has been downright shameful. I can't tell you how much info I heard slung as fact, when it was entirely speculation, none of which turned out to be true.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
The media's coverage of this event has been downright shameful. I can't tell you how much info I heard slung as fact, when it was entirely speculation, none of which turned out to be true.
It's mind numbing man. I don't know what the answers are. People have got to realize the importance of media and news... it's supposed to be the public's link to what our governments are doing, it's supposed to keep them honest.

How ****ing simple is the journalistic ideology?

Get facts. Report facts in an unbiased manner. The end.

Stop ****ing grasping at straws. Stop having EVERY bloody reporter editorialize and pontificate. Stop having EVERY reporter almost... badger and sometimes berate who they're interviewing in a desperate attempt to get that fact that will be The Scoop. The stupid mind numbing questions... digging and digging and digging.

it just hits me now. News has become reality tv. Only with real crime and real victims involved.

As mentioned by Marc, it's ****ing insulting to the victims.

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
****ing child killer.... I hope that was painful.

Yeah no. ~Zip

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Sorry Zip.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
so what is everyone's opinion on them calling him an "enemy combatant" and denying him of his rights according to the constitution?
Idk about that, i just think he should be killed excruciatingly painfully.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
so what is everyone's opinion on them calling him an "enemy combatant" and denying him of his rights according to the constitution?
His rights from the constitution stopped the minute he injured over 100 people, killed 4 and then kept an entire city under lockdown while he hid from authorities. He did what terrorists do- create terror. I consider that to be an enemy at war with this county's freedom, and this he gave up his rights under the constitution.

That is this veteran's opinion, so please don't bash. If he is found guilty in a court of law (should he survive his injuries while he was running) then (I believe) he should be taken out back of the courthouse, and placed before a firing squad. Swift justice. No appeal. For he had no honor.

321 - 340 of 371 Posts