Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a black out panel on my trunk lid that surrounds my badge. It was made from a magnet because I was not sure if I wanted it permanent. I took it off while cleaning my car and it broke I guess due to it cracking from the sun. Has anyone put a permanent black out panel on their trunk and how do you like it. I am not sure which one I want any suggestions on the good and bad with the black out panel.

·
Registered
691 Posts
im looking for the same thing you are. i have one thats a magnet and while i have not cracked it, it bubbled really bad and looks terrible.

·
Registered
691 Posts
looks great! know if it comes in flat black tho?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same one. You can paint it any color you want I would imagine..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I like the way that one looks but want it in flat black. Has any one had the one with the honey comb design on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SHR rear honeycomb blackout on my 09 GT/CS.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I got mine from American Muscle and installed it about a year ago. It's like smoked plexiglass and held on with two strips of 3M tape at the top and bottom. No problems with it so far.

That looks great, and with the gloss stripes, it really pops. :yes

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have the SHR one also and it looks like something the factory would use ( it resembles the panel on a '70 Mach1) and matches the front grille. I love the look but it's a pain to clean. If you go through the car wash it holds the soap when it comes out, although it comes off when the employees dry off the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the SHR one also and it looks like something the factory would use ( it resembles the panel on a '70 Mach1) and matches the front grille. I love the look but it's a pain to clean. If you go through the car wash it holds the soap when it comes out, although it comes off when the employees dry off the car.
That is probably the only complaint I have about it, and it's a very minor complaint. I just use a leaf blower or compressed air to blow the water off.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I got mine from American Muscle and installed it about a year ago. It's like smoked plexiglass and held on with two strips of 3M tape at the top and bottom. No problems with it so far.

I have the same one from am. The magnetic one is a piece of **** to be honest. Your car looks nice :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts