Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my tax return in about a week and will have about $1000 to spend, however I am unsure where I want to put it...I know I am buying the prepainted GT500 spoiler for $100 but i'm not sure wether or not to go with gears, or CAI and tune. Opinions please!! My car is bone stock manual by the way with 3.31 gears. This will be the first mods!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Id go with gears, a tuner, and CAI...you might still have some leftover depending oh how much your charged for the gear installation..

·
Registered
318 Posts
i dont have gears yet but the cai and tuner really helped my car alot. id do that first then gears just my 2 cents

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...any suggestions on websites for the CAI and tune. I would like to go with JLT CAI and SCT tuner

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
BamaChips Tuning
Doug has great tunes. You'll be thrilled with your car afterwards!! You can buy everything from him. Plus once you get new mods in the future, he'll email you new tunes for free.

·
Registered
101 Posts
True, the manual does indeed have the 3:55 gears, so I will concur and go with the CAI and tune. Brothers performance has a C&L kit with tuner currently priced at $650.

·
Registered
379 Posts
some few manuals come stock with 3:31 gears but that's if you don't have the limited slip rear

·
Registered
29 Posts
go with the jlt + xcal from bamachips installed mine a month ago and i am EXTREMLY happy with it!

·
Registered
379 Posts
well, yea you're right. but i don't think they produce many w/o the limited slip do they?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
There is no way you could get gears and a CAI & tuner for under $1k unless you were installing the gears yourself, or had a friend do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which should I go with first if I end up having to chose between the two?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts