Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching around for any possible way to get a little more horsepower without changing the internals yet. I do plan on crank rods and pistons but wont have the money to do an engine build for a little while. I have considered maybe cams will free up some horsepower but was just wondering what you guys thought

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i think cams would be a good idea. what is your power tight now?

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah, i was thinking the same thing with the cams.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im at about 430rwhp now, just about out of options until i do the motor build. Heads would def be nice but i really want to stay under a grand. I think ill wait until the build for heads. Anyone had any experience with the comp cams stage II xtreme energy?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
definitely some stage 2 blower cams and valvesprings. your car will sound sick and it will free up a lot of power without straining the internals too much more. i have the CMS 2.5 blower cams and they are badass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cams are def the way to go, thanks for the feedback, i just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything i was looking over. I do like the way the CMS 2.5's sound, what'd you get for power?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Cams are def the way to go, thanks for the feedback, i just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything i was looking over. I do like the way the CMS 2.5's sound, what'd you get for power?
i haven't dyno'd my car yet, its still in the break in process. i'll have a writeup and numbers once everything is done. i'm 90% sure the p1sc will make over 500 to the wheels with this setup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anyone that has numbers from before and after cams with a blower?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
do you currently have a power pipe for your car? those KB's are very sensitive to inlet restrictions and you may pick up some power by simply swapping to a better inlet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, i had the JLT kit on and when i bought the blower it came with the KB big tube kit so i sold the JLT an kept the big tube. It seems to be a pretty decent kit.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Installing one of these is sure to speed up the car..

seriously, depends on your goals.. rockers an spings give you some top end to win the race, but you won't feel it..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol what is that?...yeah im gonna do springs, i think cams are most likely what im looking for, and 3.73's, that should give it a new fun feel

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
you could take the dead hookers out of your trunk if you want more speed...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts