Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a supercharged GT and today I was datalogging my car in 3rd gear from 2000 rpm to redline. Everything seemed okay until I got to redline and let off the gas. Then I heard the bypass valve go off and the car died. Since then I have not been able to start it again and had to have it towed back to my apartment. What should I look for as the problem? It still turns over and almost seems like it's going to start but won't. If I press the gas down while starting it fires up and instantly dies.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
clean the maf, check fuel pressure, and loock for the fuel cut off switch and see if its been triggered. if it has (cant remember) push or pull the switch. the switch should be in the trunk...

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clean the maf, check fuel pressure, and loock for the fuel cut off switch and see if its been triggered. if it has (cant remember) push or pull the switch. the switch should be in the trunk...
How would the MAF suddenly get dirty? I just put it on a couple of weeks ago. How can I check the fuel pressure? I have an electronic fuel pressure gauge but I don't think it calibrates until the car fires up. I checked the switch already and the fuses.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
with all the air comming through at high RPMs might knock particles loose. and if you just cleaned/oiled you air filter a lot of times that gunks up the maf.
just hook it up and make sure that when you turn the key that it has more pressure. make sure that none of the vacuum lines came undone as well.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with all the air comming through at high RPMs might knock particles loose. and if you just cleaned/oiled you air filter a lot of times that gunks up the maf.
just hook it up and make sure that when you turn the key that it has more pressure. make sure that none of the vacuum lines came undone as well.
I checked all the vacuum lines multiple times while waiting for the tow truck. I've never cleaned the air filter or oiled it. It's about 2 months old. I can't help thinking I've done some kind of major damage.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
yeah well just keep checking the small things first. no need to worry too much intill you know for sure. I know when somthing bad happens to my car I worry and go insane then i find out its a simple fix. Im trying to think what elese it could be before telling you bad symptoms. well check your oil and smell it to see if you smell the scent of gas in the oil... if you do then you know its not so good. sorry Im not much of a help but Ill try...

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah well just keep checking the small things first. no need to worry too much intill you know for sure. I know when somthing bad happens to my car I worry and go insane then i find out its a simple fix. Im trying to think what elese it could be before telling you bad symptoms. well check your oil and smell it to see if you smell the scent of gas in the oil... if you do then you know its not so good. sorry Im not much of a help but Ill try...
Any help at all right now is great so thanks. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key to on. Do you think it could be something to do with spark? Or could it be flooded somehow? I was going about 100mph when it died.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
possibly pull the s/plugs. pull one have a buddy turn the key once (quick) and see if it sparks, if it does you know its not the coils. wait do you have coil on plugs?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah stock coil plugs. After I tried to start it about 30 times it seemed like it got a little better at starting. It would like rumble really low and die.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
hmmmm im reallly tired so let me think for a little bit on this... damn graveyard shifts! lol

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know what you mean i'm gonna get some sleep.. hopefully some more people post some suggestions and i'll try them out when i wake up

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
do you have a OBD II Code reader? you should plug er in and turn the key on dont start a read the codes. see if it give ya any

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
when it idles low and rough does it sound like it has cams in it? realy rough idle? or can you not even get it to turn over?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts