Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Oh F that! I click the F'ing link I want a f'ing story or a sensible F'ing chuckle. How may F'ing *ucks sick duck don't suck *ick Fung shu shi*fferobe duck pancakes

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol it was a question about health insurance but we figured out the problem. Those companies can be tricky ****s.

·
Registered
975 Posts
darn I was hoping to come in and see a rant about the f word. I was going to drop some jay and silent bob on ya.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I think the in network out of network is bullshit. If you ask the doctors office if they take your insurance the answer is always sure. But you have to ask them and double check are you in network? I just made a dentist appointment and they said they were in my network. I double check with my insurance list and they have an asterisk next to them saying that they are not accepting any new customers with this insurance and will be considered out of network. This is some over complicated lawyer talk bullshit for basic god damn health. The **** the problem is?

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the in network out of network is bullshit. If you ask the doctors office if they take your insurance the answer is always sure. But you have to ask them and double check are you in network? I just made a dentist appointment and they said they were in my network. I double check with my insurance list and they have an asterisk next to them saying that they are not accepting any new customers with this insurance and will be considered out of network. This is some over complicated lawyer talk bullshit for basic god damn health. The **** the problem is?
It's absolute bullshit.

I work in insurance and understand 0% of what health insurance is.

Friend got a letter saying that her company wasn't going to cover her surgery and the amount was $13,9XX.

We look at everything, she checks her health account with the company and it shows $0 due but it very specifically shows the amount covered by the company is $0. It's like the spreadsheet was never filled out or something. So, I ask if the surgery was pre-approved by her insurance, and it was, it was like 2 months of waiting before she could have it to make sure it was all covered (she got burned on another surgery so went above and beyond to make sure).

As it turns out, from research, pre-approval doesn't mean it's covered. Super ****ed, that's what we thought this was for a bit.

She ended up contacting the company and they told her that the amount that was not covered was $12,XXX but the provider paid for it so she owed $0.

I ended up calling my mom and asking about it, I don't understand how it works but apparently this is just a way to evade taxes or some **** and they do it constantly.

I hate the healthcare system in this country.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts