·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I've always wondered if you could just take the 3.7 from the mustang + 6 speed
and use the manifolds/turbos/rest from thee ecoboost

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
365 hp/400 ft/lbs stock v6, would be pretty cool for sure in a stang. I'm a cop, we just got one of the new Interceptors with the n/a v6. Even those are 285 hp and close to 300 ft/lbs. They go pretty well with the fast shifting six speed auto behind them and all wheel drive. You can feel it(tires) grabbing gears under heavy acceleration. The Ecoboost Inteceptor blew all the other police vehicles like the Charger(5.7 Hemi), and the Caprice(6.1 Liter), out of the water in tests. :yes

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
365 hp/400 ft/lbs stock v6, would be pretty cool for sure in a stang. I'm a cop, we just got one of the new Interceptors with the n/a v6. Even those are 285 hp and close to 300 ft/lbs. They go pretty well with the fast shifting six speed auto behind them and all wheel drive. You can feel it(tires) grabbing gears under heavy acceleration. The Ecoboost Inteceptor blew all the other police vehicles like the Charger(5.7 Hemi), and the Caprice(6.1 Liter), out of the water in tests. :yes
I'm not arguing with you, I just wanna see. Do you have times for those?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
I'm not arguing with you, I just wanna see. Do you have times for those?

Hillarious. K. I doubt very much that when police services test the vehicles they run them down a quarter mile track. They test braking,cornering,ease of entry and exit etc.
Good luck finding 1/4 mile times.
I might be mistaken but I doubt it

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Hillarious. K. I doubt very much that when police services test the vehicles they run them down a quarter mile track. They test braking,cornering,ease of entry and exit etc.
Good luck finding 1/4 mile times.
I might be mistaken but I doubt it
I just meant in general. Keep it in your pants good god.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
2014 (or whenever the next bodystyle is coming out) is supposed to have a 2.3L ecoboost as the base engine. It's supposed to be good for something between 320 and 350hp at the crank with similar numbers for torque, and I don't think it's too much of a gamble to say that it will get at least the same fuel economy as the 3.7L (likely better).

I wouldn't piss and moan just because it has 4 cylinders instead of 6.

Ford has test-muled the EB V6 in an S197 Mustang and they don't feel they have enough room in the engine bay for a factory setup; in other words, yes it fits, but not to the standards for a production car. The new cars have a slightly reconfigured engine bay, so maybe we'll see it in the new bodystyle as a special edition?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts