Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, ive been looking at the cobra spoiler but cant afford it so im gonna fab my own. Im thinking of making a cross between a cobra and duck tail and integrating my gt 3rd brake light into it. Can anyone with a termi spoiler post close ups of it off the car? It would be greatly appreciated.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Get a ABC exclusice spoiler without brake light for 199.99

I just picked up a brand new one yesterday for 165 shipped

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not a big fan of the no brake light look. Plus i have most of the stuff needed like fiberglass resin and cloth. Im contemplating doing a 3 piece spoiler so it will be flush with the fenders instead of flat on the sides.

My main concern is the wiring for the brake light. I want the light to be flush with the top like the gt but on the slope of the spoiler instead of mounted in the center (if that even makes sense). Hopefully it will stop raining so i can mock up a base to lay the fiberglass over.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Im not a big fan of the no brake light look. Plus i have most of the stuff needed like fiberglass resin and cloth. Im contemplating doing a 3 piece spoiler so it will be flush with the fenders instead of flat on the sides.

My main concern is the wiring for the brake light. I want the light to be flush with the top like the gt but on the slope of the spoiler instead of mounted in the center (if that even makes sense). Hopefully it will stop raining so i can mock up a base to lay the fiberglass over.
Is this what you mean by 3 piece? Kinda hard to see but the sides are molded to fit with an OEM saleen

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
If you have everything needed it would be a great project. But materials add up quick. Im in for a unique spoiler. Or buy a abc spoiler with no brake light and fab that one to use your gt light.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this what you mean by 3 piece? Kinda hard to see but the sides are molded to fit with an OEM saleen

Eh, more flush with the fender instead of sticking off the side. Kinda like a s197 duck tail

If you have everything needed it would be a great project. But materials add up quick. Im in for a unique spoiler. Or buy a abc spoiler with no brake light and fab that one to use your gt light.
If i had to buy the materials it would only cost about $30 and some free time on the weekend.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im also wanting to use the gt bolt holes so i dont have to drill/fill holes. Forgot to add that snippet in. Howwould you think something like the s197 roush spoiler would look on a new edge? If it looked like a cobra spoiler that protruded a little more outward on the sides but shorter in the middle?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I think a s197 spoiler would look off.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am interested on how this goes. I agree that ALL spoilers look S***T on the new edge. Only the termi spoilers look good but you want it with the whole body kit which of course would be better to get a termi in the first place.

I like the attached S197 picture of the spoiler. I am interested on making something similiar that can look good with the new edge.

I also like the ones on the 99 GT but it is too low IMO. The Roush spoilers on the New Edge look funny to me.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well ive been looking alot at termi spoilers and have decided to to go with something similar to the termi just not as high of an arch (maybe 35-40 degree angle) and stretched a little longer. I would draw something so yall could have a better idea, but i suck at drawing so yall will have to wait :).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts