Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I recently dropped my car off for the annual state & emission inspection and it failed due to OBD II monitors were "Not Ready" (this is the first inspection since being supercharged). About a week earlier I cleared 2 codes with X3 and drove it about 50mi or so and thought it would be fine. I guess I was wrong:mad:. I took it back to the tuner to make sure the there was nothing in the tune keeping it from being OBD II ready ( like turned off O2 sensors) but he said everything was on and the tune is fine. He scanned it and said the catalyst & EGR monitors were still showing "Not Ready" and I should just drive it more.

So yesterday, I check the PCM for codes and found P1000 and P1100 then I clear it again. The P1100 code has been coming up since it was tuned a year ago. I went out and drove it but this time I followed the Ford drive cycle to get all of the monitors to set to "Ready" but it didn't work. 80miles later it still has the P1000 & now of course, the P1100 is back.

My question are.
1. Will I ever be able to get all of the OBD monitor readiness test to complete & clear the P1000 code WHILE the P1100 (MAF intermitten) code is there?

2. Anyone ever had this P1100 code come up using an aftermarket MAF? I'm running a SCT BA3000 MAF. I've never noticed any drivability issues.

3.When datalogging with the SCT X3, the displays shows two MAF #'s and one says "INVALID". Is that normal?

4. Could high flow cats be the problem with the catalyst being "Not Ready". I have SLP cats and never had an O2 or cat MIL.

4. And does anyone know any "modded car friendly" inspections places in SE PA? If so, PM me. ;)

Thanks...just need to get this thing inspected before the end of the month.

·
Registered
321 Posts
p1000 just means all the codes have been cleared recently or your pcm has been reset if i remember correctly but should go away after a few drive cycles, which i bet that's why he's telling you about the obdii monitor readiness

p1100 is a maf concern, since you have an aftermarket maf i'll let someone else chime in for that

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
First you have to deal with the p1100. check maf wiring and connections, then clean the maf and see where your at.

The p1000 will not go away till all readiness monitors are set(the above code will prevent this). after the p1100 is cleared just do this.

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

·
Registered
196 Posts
i was gonna PM you some places i know of, but theyre down near philly. i looked at a map, and i dont think youd wanna make a drive all the way down lol.

i kept having a similar problem last year with my car. i honestly think i just got lucky one day, and it was ready to test and it passed. i was having codes for slow responding o2 sensors, and i was getting a CEL for it. i think i ended up putting like 160 or so miles on it of combined city/highway driving, like the ford process states. have you tried talking to your tuner or whoever does your motor work? maybe he'll help you out, or atleast offer some more insight.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
yup, and every time you clear the codes or disconnect your battery you basically reset all of your readiness tests. here's ford's drive cycle that will help you make all of the tests "ready." most states will allow you to pass with 1 system not ready, but no more. also, just because your tuner reads p1000 doesn't mean you should try to clear it. like i said every time you clear the codes the p1000 will pop back up because it will need ot go through all of the readiness tests again.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
how many miles did you put on the car since last inspection?

the reason I'm asking is that under 5000, your exempt, period.

if you put more than that on, pay for the repairs to get the waiver (150.00 in my county) & your set for this year, then kep it under 5k mi from now on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First you have to deal with the p1100. check maf wiring and connections, then clean the maf and see where your at.

The p1000 will not go away till all readiness monitors are set(the above code will prevent this). after the p1100 is cleared just do this.

so this answers my 1st question. I have to figure out why I've been getting a p1100 code before P1000 will clear itself. That is gonna be a PITA.

i was gonna PM you some places i know of, but theyre down near philly. i looked at a map, and i dont think youd wanna make a drive all the way down lol.

i kept having a similar problem last year with my car. i honestly think i just got lucky one day, and it was ready to test and it passed. i was having codes for slow responding o2 sensors, and i was getting a CEL for it. i think i ended up putting like 160 or so miles on it of combined city/highway driving, like the ford process states. have you tried talking to your tuner or whoever does your motor work? maybe he'll help you out, or atleast offer some more insight.
I sent you a PM.... and now I'm up to 120 miles.

yup, and every time you clear the codes or disconnect your battery you basically reset all of your readiness tests. here's ford's drive cycle that will help you make all of the tests "ready." most states will allow you to pass with 1 system not ready, but no more. also, just because your tuner reads p1000 doesn't mean you should try to clear it. like i said every time you clear the codes the p1000 will pop back up because it will need ot go through all of the readiness tests again.

I do understand that clearing codes will reset the readiness monitors causing a p1000. i only reset it, in an attempt to get through the driving cycle before the P1100 code came back.

how many miles did you put on the car since last inspection?

the reason I'm asking is that under 5000, your exempt, period.

if you put more than that on, pay for the repairs to get the waiver (150.00 in my county) & your set for this year, then kep it under 5k mi from now on.
i put 5400 on it in since last inspection. When I remembered last month about the 5k exempt rule, I ran to the garage to check the mileage and it was at 5075 miles...I was life WTF:mad:. just missed it.

What waiver is this?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You first need to handle any MIL/CEL issues. I won't even hook up the machine if that light is on. As for the readiness monitors, if you've cleared any codes, or any are present then you'll have to go through complete drive cycles to set them into readiness mode. Sometimes it could be 1 drive cycle, and other times it could take 2-3 cycles.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI , My CEL light isn't on. The P1100 code never triggers my CEL light, which is why I never bothered to investigate it until now.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
i also just failed emissions, they said i had to go through a drive cycle

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the waiver I'm refering to is for repairs, in Allegheny county if you fail then spend 150.00 to correct the failure & fail again, you get a waiver & your good for another year.

then keep it under 5k & you'll be good.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
move to Fl no inspections and no snow

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
i also just failed emissions, they said i had to go through a drive cycle
Yup. Try calling Ford and asking a tech for a drive cycle of your car. Hopefully they can help you out. It's in the service manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts