Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of a fair price to pay to have some parts painted? I bought the Cervini's quarter scoops, side scoops, and ducktail spoiler from the Eleanor looking kit.
I got an estimate today that made my butthole pucker :eek:

Just wondering what anyone else paid to have these parts painted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I paid 3500 for the whole kit to be prepped and installed. There was alot of prep work involved. Had to remove the release agent (slimy stuff on it), sanded, primed, sanded primed, sanded then painted. The fit quality was great but there were pits and some waves in the parts. I stopped by yesterday to see how the build is going b/c car is in there now. They were still prepping everything. Should be getting painted by friday.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
yea, but mumbles, you got the whole kit(which makes me horny as hell btw) haha. but for just the scoops and ducktail id say at least 350 to just be painted.

ydur, what id do if your really looking to save money, and youve got patience, call around to different body shops and ask for them to contact you when a ford in your color comes in and have them paint the stuff at the same time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know a guy who runs a resto shop here and he charges $40/hr. labor plus materials. Not sure what it would take to complete the parts your talking about but it probably more than we realize. His work is excellent and he's real Mustang guy so he can appreciate the enthusiast expectations when it comes to this stuff.
He owns 4 Mustangs himself..........
We are a sick breed!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yea thats true. I remember seeing the price breakdown and it was 65/hr for paint. So i would guesstimate prob like 500-750

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, thanks everyone.

I found a place that can do it for a little under $600 and they actually had an '05 in the shop that they were installing an entire Cervini's kit on so it looks like I can trust them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I paid $303 (inclusive) for pre-painted Cervini side ducts from Stage 3 but believe me, the paint and prep wasn't that good (it's farmed out) and I spent a long time rectifying it.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I did my entire cervini kit in one shot, but looking at my documentation the break down for the 1/4 window scoops, side scoops and ductail was roughly 375.00, I test fit them prior and installed after so no other labor was involved..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put mine on.I paid 150 total for the door,1/4 glass, and cdc chin spoiler.PPG base coat clear coat.Only problem,they look better than the factory paint.07 gt vista blue

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Great, thanks everyone.

I found a place that can do it for a little under $600 and they actually had an '05 in the shop that they were installing an entire Cervini's kit on so it looks like I can trust them.
Did mine myself. Spent about $80 on paint and materials for my side scoops and chin spoiler. Spent about 8-10 hours on them. The color match from automotivetouchup.com was excellent. They mixed the paint and added flex additive, and put it in rattle cans for me. Just takes patience and attention to detail. It was the first time I painted parts like that and I wasn't sure how they would come out, but was pleasantly surprised. And I figured if it didn't come out good, just sand them back down and take them to the body shop and be out $80. It was a good investment.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Cervinis is now offering their hoods painted. did you ask them how much for them to paint your parts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts