Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to make the hood scoops on the 99-04 v6 mustangs functional? I hate the fake scoop look. I'm seriously thinking about just drilling some well placed holes in the plastic, :D

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You can make anything functional if you want...

Heat extraction ftw?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
is there any way to make the hood scoops on the 99-04 v6 mustangs functional? I hate the fake scoop look. I'm seriously thinking about just drilling some well placed holes in the plastic, :D
karkraft used to make a functional shaker kit that used the GT hood scoop.....so it would have ram air like the mach one but with the GT scoop, however they no longer make this anymore. On another not.....the price you would pay to make it functional would be 700-1000 and only see the gain of a CAI. So its not worth it, even tho it would be kinda cool to have.
could their be a possibility of the hood to crack?
No chance in cracking the hood, and as long as the drilling is done slowly...the paint wont chip.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts

there ya go

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Would you just have the air go into the engine compartment or actually have it hooked up to an intake? If you just have it go into the engine bay all it will do is make it dirty.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Would you just have the air go into the engine compartment or actually have it hooked up to an intake? If you just have it go into the engine bay all it will do is make it dirty.
karkrafts old kit fit right up to the opening of the GT scoop...and then swung the air down to the factory positioned airbox.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
you can cut it if you want but its pretty much pointless and not worth the time, if you drive it in the rain your motor will get a **** load of water on it and rust out in no time, who cares if there functunal( iknow i spelt that wrong)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, so don't wate my time, got ya...but what were you all talking about about the paint chipping and stuff, i was referring to the fake black plastic piece in the hood, not the hood itself...

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
if your engine generates a lot of heat (s/c, turbo or nitrous) then making it "functional would be good taking out engine heat
but if its not cowl it really just gets air in the engine bay rather then taking any out

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, i don't generate much heat, i have nothing going on under the hood really so yea...

·
Registered
369 Posts
if you are talkin about the black pieace you could drill it it would pra cool it better but not much and you may be able to fab a ram air kit with it but i would betthere isnt alot of room for that

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you are talkin about the black pieace you could drill it it would pra cool it better but not much and you may be able to fab a ram air kit with it but i would betthere isnt alot of room for that
yea this is what i was talking about...but i mean would any harm come from doing that, cause if not i think i might go for it, just so it isn't fake. That's the only thing i hate about my car is that it has that fake scoop there.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
just get ya a 3 piece billit grille... makes it look a lot better than that black plastic

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ummm that is retarded.....why wouldnt you just run the dryer hose to where the foglamp would go? plus....the hose is covering the filter so its not gonna be able to suck any air in anyway. You have to make a new airbox if yur gonna do something like that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts