Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have been working with my tuner to iron out my tune and i have been getting a lot of false knock. the car would pull large amounts of timing killing power. now before you guys think the car is going to blow we went through all of the appropriate steps to verify that this is in fact FALSE knock. so now i am running a conservative tune with the knock sensors turned off so it will not run like junk. so has anybody else had this issue? where was the false knock coming from? do you know of a common thing that causes false knock?

my car is full exhaust besides factory manifolds
hotrod cams
4.10 gears
frpp lowering springs
bmr lower control arms poly
bmr pan hard bar poly
bmr relocation brackets
intake and intake manifold

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Have you tried replacing the sensors?

Other than that I have heard of the "noise" from some PD SC's can cause the engine to pull timing. So I would think any abnormal vibration or noise can set them off. I've heard of many that have turned off their sensors, just make sure your tune is good and just realize you don't have that extra insurance.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have not tried that yet i am going to wait a bit before going on that adventure lol thanks for the info though boss.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
have not tried that yet i am going to wait a bit before going on that adventure lol thanks for the info though boss.
Swapping out sensors shouldn't be that difficult. They are in the engine valley below the manifold, pretty easy to get to actually. Anyways, that's where I would start before looking for other imaginary noise issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts